20th Century Fox confirmed today that the studio is taking yet another crack at remaking the 1947 Danny Kaye classic daydreamer comedy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, with Gore Verbinski at the helm. It’s good to see Verbinski on a big film after he jumped off the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to direct Bioshock and then that project didn’t happen. But Verbinski is following in the footsteps of a spectacular crop of directors and stars who never cracked the remake, in about 22 years of trying. That includes directors Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Mark Waters, with Jim Carrey (several times), Owen Wilson, Mike Myers and Sacha Baron Cohen. Let’s see what Gore and screenwriter Steve Conrad come up with as they tackle an adaptation of the James Thurber story.
Can Gore Verbinski Crack 'Walter Mitty' After So Many Others Tried?
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest TV News
- Kevin James Returns To CBS With New Family Comedy
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Down In Return As ‘Heroes Reborn’ & ‘The Blacklist’ Slip Against Sports…
- ‘The Arcana Chronicles’ Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
- Trevor Noah Hammers Rupert Murdoch And Ben Carson On ‘The Daily Show’
- Disney Channel’s ‘The Lion Guard’ Movie Gets Premiere Date & Teaser
- ‘Banshee’s Fourth & Final Season Gets Premiere Date On Cinemax