20th Century Fox confirmed today that the studio is taking yet another crack at remaking the 1947 Danny Kaye classic daydreamer comedy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, with Gore Verbinski at the helm. It’s good to see Verbinski on a big film after he jumped off the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to direct Bioshock and then that project didn’t happen. But Verbinski is following in the footsteps of a spectacular crop of directors and stars who never cracked the remake, in about 22 years of trying. That includes directors Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Mark Waters, with Jim Carrey (several times), Owen Wilson, Mike Myers and Sacha Baron Cohen. Let’s see what Gore and screenwriter Steve Conrad come up with as they tackle an adaptation of the James Thurber story.
Can Gore Verbinski Crack 'Walter Mitty' After So Many Others Tried?
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…