20th Century Fox confirmed today that the studio is taking yet another crack at remaking the 1947 Danny Kaye classic daydreamer comedy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, with Gore Verbinski at the helm. It’s good to see Verbinski on a big film after he jumped off the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to direct Bioshock and then that project didn’t happen. But Verbinski is following in the footsteps of a spectacular crop of directors and stars who never cracked the remake, in about 22 years of trying. That includes directors Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Mark Waters, with Jim Carrey (several times), Owen Wilson, Mike Myers and Sacha Baron Cohen. Let’s see what Gore and screenwriter Steve Conrad come up with as they tackle an adaptation of the James Thurber story.
Can Gore Verbinski Crack 'Walter Mitty' After So Many Others Tried?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates Across $300M Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
Latest TV News
- Colin Kaepernick’s Anthem Protest Stirs Day-Long Debate; Spike Lee Says “I Support My Brother”
- Harry Fujiwara Dies: WWE’s Mr. Fuji Was 82
- Charles Osgood Announces Retirement: Mellow-Voiced Anchor of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’ Ends 22-Year Run September 25
- Ann Coulter Skewers Hillary Clinton – And Gets Skewered – At Comedy Central’s Roast Of Rob Lowe
- 'The Night Manager's Olivia Colman On A Spin-Off And How Tom Hiddleston Is "The Perfect Specimen For Bond" – AwardsLine
- Don Cheadle To Trump After Dwyane Wade Comment: “You Truly Are A POS”