20th Century Fox confirmed today that the studio is taking yet another crack at remaking the 1947 Danny Kaye classic daydreamer comedy The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, with Gore Verbinski at the helm. It’s good to see Verbinski on a big film after he jumped off the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to direct Bioshock and then that project didn’t happen. But Verbinski is following in the footsteps of a spectacular crop of directors and stars who never cracked the remake, in about 22 years of trying. That includes directors Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Mark Waters, with Jim Carrey (several times), Owen Wilson, Mike Myers and Sacha Baron Cohen. Let’s see what Gore and screenwriter Steve Conrad come up with as they tackle an adaptation of the James Thurber story.
Can Gore Verbinski Crack 'Walter Mitty' After So Many Others Tried?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
'Saturday Night Live' Taps Heidi Gardner, Luke Null & Chris Redd As New Cast Members, Adds 7 Writers For Season 43
Latest TV News
- Bruna Papandrea Options Tina Brown’s ‘Vanity Fair Diaries’ For Limited TV Series
- Anthony Scaramucci Scores With Women In Visit To ‘The View’
- ‘Young Sheldon’ & ‘Good Doctor’ Debut To Strong Ratings As New TV Season Starts
- Trump: “I Was Ashamed” That NFL Players Took Knee During National Anthem
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Taps Heidi Gardner, Luke Null & Chris Redd As New Cast Members, Adds 7 Writers For Season 43
- ‘Black Lightning’: Kyanna Simone Simpson Set To Recur In the CW Series