EXCLUSIVE: Amy Ryan is set to co-star opposite Gabriel Byrne on the upcoming third season of the HBO drama In Treatment. The series, based on an Israeli format, centers on Dr. Paul Weston (Byrne), a psychotherapist, and his weekly sessions with patients. Ryan will play Paul’s new therapist. In the first two seasons, he was seeing his clinical supervisor, mentor and psychotherapist Gina, played by Dianne Wiest, who is departing the show (She earned two Emmy nominations for the role and won in 2008). Oscar-nominated Ryan joins another high-profile new addition to the cast of In Treatment next season, Debra Winger, who will play one of Paul’s patients, a formerly big star in an anxiety crisis about her career. This marks Ryan’s return to HBO where she co-starred on The Wire. Gersh-repped Ryan, who also recurred on The Office, most recently co-starred opposite Matt Damon in Green Zone.
Amy Ryan Joins HBO's 'In Treatment'
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Sells Dramas 'Deep State' With Howard Gordon & 'The Rinse' To Fox
- Broadcast Straight-To-Series Model Dealt A New Blow With 'Members Only' Demise
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz