EXCLUSIVE: Amy Ryan is set to co-star opposite Gabriel Byrne on the upcoming third season of the HBO drama In Treatment. The series, based on an Israeli format, centers on Dr. Paul Weston (Byrne), a psychotherapist, and his weekly sessions with patients. Ryan will play Paul’s new therapist. In the first two seasons, he was seeing his clinical supervisor, mentor and psychotherapist Gina, played by Dianne Wiest, who is departing the show (She earned two Emmy nominations for the role and won in 2008). Oscar-nominated Ryan joins another high-profile new addition to the cast of In Treatment next season, Debra Winger, who will play one of Paul’s patients, a formerly big star in an anxiety crisis about her career. This marks Ryan’s return to HBO where she co-starred on The Wire. Gersh-repped Ryan, who also recurred on The Office, most recently co-starred opposite Matt Damon in Green Zone.
Amy Ryan Joins HBO's 'In Treatment'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest TV News
- Turner And HBO Secure Distribution Deals With Dish Network
- ABC Family Orders Three More Reality Series
- E! Orders Another Kardashian Series, Renews ‘#Rich Kids’ & 2 More
- ‘Weird Loners’ & ‘The Dovekeepers’ Off To Soft Ratings Start
- AOL, Fox Sports Partner For Online-Video Coproduction, Distribution
- IFC Joins Growing List Of TV Networks Waiting For Live + 3 Ratings Stats