Alice Eve is now in negotiations to play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, the 20th Century Fox prequel that Matthew Vaughn will direct. Her power in the mutant universe is telepathy, and she was voted Hottest Comic Book Babe of 2005 in one poll. She started out as an X-Men nemesis and became an ally. Eve joins James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, previously set as lead mutants Xavier and Magneto. Also in the Marvel pantheon, Tommy Lee Jones has been confirmed to play Colonel Phillips in Captain America: The First Avenger, the Joe Johnston-directed Marvel Studios film that Paramount will distribute.
Alice Eve, Tommy Lee Jones Take Marvel Superhero Turns
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Fleming Jr
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy
- Paul Greengrass Eyes George Orwell's '1984'; 'Finding Neverland's James Graham To Write Script
- Steve Jobs Film Moving From Sony; Will Universal Make The Movie?
- Melissa McCarthy, Shawn Levy Teaming On Tinker Bell Pic
- 'Pirates' Scribe Tapped To Fit Steve McQueen Treasure Hunt Tale 'Yucatan' For Robert Downey Jr