Criminal Minds fans launched a massive campaign to bring back co-star A.J. Cook, whose option for next season wasn’t picked up, including setting up an online petition that has gathered more than 35,000 signatures and mailing thousands of lipsticks and file folders to CBS. Well, I hear she might be coming back in the fall but only for one episode. CBS has been firmly standing by its decision to part ways with the actress, and there is no deal in place with her, but I hear showrunner Ed Bernero is behind the idea to get Cook back for one episode so her character JJ’s story could be tied up and given a proper exit. Cook had been largely quiet on the controversy besides tweeting a note to the show’s fans last week, thanking them for their support. Meanwhile, her co-star Paget Brewster is in discussions with CBS over the network’s offer to keep her on the show as a regular but for reduced number of episodes.
A.J. Cook Could Make Brief 'Minds' Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- Archery Pictures Rolls with Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77