Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
'Orange Is The New Black' Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘American Gods’ Review: Starz’s Adaptation Of Neil Gaiman Novel Simply Divine
- TNT’s ‘Good Ship’ Delays Production Due to Star Eric Dane’s Depression
- Daytime Emmy Awards Winners (Live): ‘GMA’ Takes Best Morning Program
- Kelly Ripa Teases Monday Announcement Of New ‘Live’ Co-Host
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows…
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal