Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- ‘The Blacklist’ Star Megan Boone Says Her FBI Character Will “Never Carry An Assault Rifle Again”
- ‘The Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules Denied Appeal On Fatal Iowa Accident
- Pilot Season 2018: Breakthrough For Female Directors, Modest Gains In Director Diversity
- 'Three Rivers': John Larroquette To Star In ABC Family Comedy Pilot
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- 'Charmed': Sarah Jeffery Cast As A Lead In The CW Reboot Pilot