Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest TV News
- Bernie Sanders Takes ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Victory Lap After Donald Trump Takes Debate Bait
- LA Screenings Buzz: The Hottest Titles, Boom Of Remakes & Hunt For Procedurals
- ‘Bloodline’ Season 2 Review: Riveting Netflix Drama Gets Darker & Better
- Agent Ken Stovitz Departing Paradigm To Join MGMT As Manager/Producer
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins HBO’s ‘Insecure’; Jamie Ward In FX’s ‘Tyrant’
- Full 2015-16 TV Season Series Rankings: ‘Blindspot’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Quantico…