Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers' Flies To Mighty $3.6M & Burns 'Life' & 'CHIPS'; 'Beauty And The Beast' Still A B.O. Monster: Thursday Previews
Latest TV News
- ‘Counterpart’ Exec Producer Amy Berg Departs After Season 1 Of Starz Series
- ‘Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’ Season 3 Premiere & Final On AMC
- House Intel Committee GOP Chair Cancels Obama Honchos’ Public Testimony On Russian Election Tampering
- Leah Remini To Reunite With Kevin James In ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Season Finale
- Turkish Government Mulls Ban Of TV Dating Shows
- ‘El Chapo’: Univision-Netflix Drama Series Sets Lead & Premiere Date