Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Latest TV News
- Alibaba Group Becomes Worldwide Olympic Games Partner Through 2028 – Davos
- Ex-NBCU Exec David Mortimer Joins Tinopolis Group As Director Of Content
- Honorees Susanne Daniels, Gary Newman Share Brandon Tartikoff Stories At NATPE Legacy Awards
- People’s Choice Awards: Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Timberlake, ‘Big Bang Theory’ & More
- ‘Great News’ EPs On How This Workplace Comedy Differs From ’30 Rock’ (Hint: It Stars An Overbearing Mom)…
- NBC Boss Would Love For Jimmy Fallon To Return As Golden Globes Host