Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'La La', Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy's Weird Oscar Nomination Announcement
White House Issues Statement In Wake Of 'SNL' Writer Tweet, Urging People To Leave Barron Trump Alone
Latest TV News
- ‘Madam Secretary’: Tim Daly Suffers Ski Injury, Series’ Production Not Impacted
- Matt Cherniss On Building WGNA In Peak TV & Making America Part Of Net’s DNA
- ‘The Chi’: Jacob Latimore & Yolonda Ross Join Showtime Drama In Recasting
- White House Issues Statement In Wake Of ‘SNL’ Writer Tweet, Urging People To Leave Barron Trump Alone
- Netflix Reboots ‘Queer Eye For The Straight Guy’ For New Season
- ‘Quantico’ Ticks Up Behind Resurgent ‘The Bachelor’; ‘Man With a Plan’ Ratings Grow More; ‘Celebrity Apprentice…