Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon And Will Smith Perform History Of Sitcom Theme Songs
- ‘Astro City’ TV Series Based On Comics In Works At FremantleMedia North America
- Blumhouse TV & Time Team On Documentaries About Gun Violence
- ‘Shape of Water’ Star Michael Stuhlbarg & ‘Friday Night Lights’ Matt Lauria Join C4’s ‘Jerusalem…
- Acorn TV Commissions Original ‘London Kills’ From ‘Suspects’ Paul Marquess
- Police Shooting Protest Delays NBA Hawks-Kings Game – Fans Turned Away