Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
Latest TV News
- Tim Doyle 1970s Family Comedy Gets ABC Pilot Order
- Endemol: Reality TV Crew Was Carrying New Product, Not Fake Bomb – Update
- Dorothy Malone Dies: Oscar Winner, ‘Peyton Place’ Star Was 92
- Viacom Reveals It Paid Bob Bakish $20.3M In 2017; Ken Lerer Exiting Its Board
- CNN Boss Jeff Zucker Eyed By Disney For Top ESPN Job
- Disney Taps Former Apple Exec To Lead Its New Streaming Service Push