Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- IFC Developing Revenge Comedy From Erin Simon & Kim Karp
- Charles Roven's Atlas Artists Adds Tory Howard, Nicholas Todisco To Management Team
- Al Jazeera America Lawsuit: $15M Anti-Semitic, Anti-U.S., Anti-Female Suit "Absurd", CEO Says
- John Oliver Flunks U.S. Education System Over Its Standardized Test Mania
- Carly Fiorina Announces White House Bid On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce’ Debuts On E!