Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
Latest TV News
- Jon Stewart On Track For Fall Launch On HBO, Details About His New Show – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ WILL Be Out of 2017 Emmy Contention, Could Get Spinoff -TCA
- ‘Westworld’, ‘Divorce’ & ‘Insecure’ Get Premiere Dates On HBO
- ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’ Renewed Through 2018
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Boy Meets ‘Girl Meets World’ In Massive ‘Boy Meets World’ Cast Reunion Photo