Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest;' Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest TV News
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Ratings Return Up, ‘Shark Tank’ Down & ‘Grimm’ Rises
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins Best…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct