Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Publicist Says Upcoming Tour Not About Sexual Assault; Tells CNN That Media Is To Blame
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Co-Supervising Sound Editor On Bringing Musical Instruments Into The Foley Department
- ‘Our Fascinating Planet’s Demetri Martin On Short-Form Satisfaction And Expanding The Narrative With ‘Dean…
- ‘Rats’ Director Morgan Spurlock On Crafting A Documentary That Plays Like A Horror Film
- CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ Calls ‘Fox & Friends’ A Trump “Infomercial”
- ‘The Leftovers’ Creators Damon Lindelof & Tom Perrotta On Their Story Of Survivors