Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- Helen Mirren On Hollywood Time’s Up Movement: “About Time”
- ‘Heathers’ Red Band Trailer: First Footage Of Shannen Doherty In Paramount Network Reboot
- PGA Finalizes List Of Eligible Producers For Its TV & Docu Nominees – Update
- Sidney Yost & Amazing Animals Prods Hit With Fines, License Revocation Over Animal Welfare Act Violations; Appealing…
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Eyes Options As Potential Suitors Kick Tires
- The CW Hires Julie Jarmon As VP Scripted Development, Promotes Two