Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Tide Rises & Drowns 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Saturday Night Update
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents Dinner: The Five Best Moments
- Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents Dinner Skewering
- Watch Obama Blast Trump, Clinton & CNN At Final White House Correspondents’ Dinner – Update
- ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ Finale Ratings Steady With 2015, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Originals’ Rise
- Daytime Emmys Creative Arts Winners: PBS & CBS Dominate
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’