Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Designated Survivor’ & ‘Speechless’ Get Full-Season Orders By ABC
- FX’s John Landgraf Warns Against Storytellers Who Offer “Seductive” Lies
- ‘The Terror’: Jared Harris To Star In AMC Anthology Series; Three More Cast
- CBS’ ’60 Minutes’ Plays Up No Apology By ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Director Nate Parker
- The CW Buys Hispanic Family Drama ‘Casa’ Produced By Greg Berlanti
- Terence Winter To Write HBO’s Griselda Blanco Movie Starring Jennifer Lopez