Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Great British Bake Off’ Cooks Up Record Finale Ratings; Chris Fry Joins Sister Pictures – Global Briefs
- ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Leads Australian Academy Awards Nominations – Full List
- Megyn Kelly To Guest Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly’ As Rupert Murdoch Courts Her Via Newspaper Interview
- Karl Rove Defends Megyn Kelly, Dings Donald Trump And Newt Gingrich For “Sex” Talk
- Skyler Gisondo Joins ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’; ‘Mating’ Adds Emma Duncan
- Stephen Colbert Explains To Newt Gingrich Why Sex Always Is More Interesting Than Public Policy