Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Unveiled As Season 7 Title Of FX Anthology Series, Premiere Date Set — Comic-Con
- Donald Trump To Name Financier/Sean Hannity Pal Anthony Scaramucci New Communications Director: Report
- Stephen Colbert Presents Result Of ‘Late Show’s Russian Pee Pee Tape Probe
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Debuts Imax Trailer & Footage Revealing Hair-Raising Action — Comic-Con
- ‘Krypton’ Teaser: First Look At Syfy’s Superman Prequel – Comic-Con
- ‘The Exorcist’ Season 2: Priestly Road Trip, Possible Rance Family Cameos & A Foster Kid Who Kicks Butt…