Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest TV News
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month
- Steve Bannon Exits As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist, Returns To Breitbart As “Populist Hero”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects