Disney has assembled the cast of Prom, its high-school comedy feature revolving around a group of teens and the emotional ups and downs they go through prepping for the big dance. The studio stuck to its original plan to cast mostly unknown young actors as the leads in the movie, which is eyed as a potential launching pad for a franchise in the mold of High School Musical and whose tone is said to be similar to John Hughes’ Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. Cast as the leads in Prom are: Thomas McDonell, Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights), Danielle Campbell, Nolan Sotillo, Yin Chang (Gossip Girl), Jared Kusnitz (Surviving Suburbia), Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You), Ben Esler (The Pacific), Kylie Bunbury and DeVaughn Nixon. Joe Nussbaum is directing from a script by Katie Wech. Ted Griffin and Justin Springer are producing.
10 Set To Star In The Disney Movie 'Prom'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest TV News
- ‘Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency’ Canceled At BBC America
- Geoffrey C. Ward, Ken Burns’ Write-Hand Man, To Receive WGA East Career Honor
- Showtime Sets Premiere Date For Animated ‘Our Cartoon President’ From Stephen Colbert: Watch The Trailer
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- TNT Acquires Off-Network Rights To CBS’ ‘NCIS: New Orleans’
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall ’18 Broadcast Syndication Launch