From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- BBC Commissions New Dramas From ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ Scribe & ‘Poldark’ Producer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird