From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate