From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Ratings Rise Slightly To Top Night Again, ‘NCIS’ & ‘The Flash’ Down
- BBC Launching New Channel For Scotland With $37.4M Budget
- Louis C.K. To Headline 2 Stand-Up Specials For Netflix
- Fox’s Marvel Pilot Casts Jamie Chung As Blink
- Danny Pino To Star In 'Gone' Series For NBCU Int'l Studios, RTL & TF1
- Savannah Guthrie Sets ‘Today’ Return