From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- John Malkovich To Star In ‘Humboldt’ Marijuana Trade Crime Drama Series
- ‘Stranger Things’ Co-Creators On How They Left Things “Open Ended” For Possible Season 2 – TCA
- ‘Beat Bugs’ Trailer: More Stars Added To Beatles-Inspired Netflix Series – TCA
- Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & ‘Stranger Things’ Renewal…
- ‘American Housewife’: Meg Donnelly Added To New ABC Comedy In Recasting
- Olympic Channel Bows After Rio; Spike Bellies Up With Lots More ‘Bar Rescue’, Late-Night Pilot