From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- ‘The Wiz Live’ Key Art: Stars Ease On Down The Road To NBC Production
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Off To Low Ratings Start, ‘Jane The Virgin’ Slips In Return, ‘Blindspot…
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Gets Full Season 2 Order By ABC
- Ludacris-Produced Drama Among Two CBS Sales For Writer Paul Downs Colaizzo
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate