From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest TV News
- ‘American Gods’ VFX Gurus On Producing 3,000 Shots In 18 Months
- Elisabeth Moss To Produce & Star In ‘Fever’ TV Series Adaptation In Works With BBC America & Annapurna TV
- Michael Strahan Inks Overall Deal With ITV America
- Warriors Win Push NBA Playoffs Series Ratings Up, ‘Bachelorette’ & ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Return Down
- ‘Watergate’: History Sets Documentary Series On That Other Presidential Scandal
- ‘DC Super Hero Girls’: Cartoon Network Sets Toon Series For 2018