From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2