Granted, it sounds ridiculous. But was the foiled Saturday car bombing attempt in Time Square a retaliation against Comedy Central for airing the infamous Mohammed arc on South Park? The theory, which stems from the the fact that the explosives-laden SUV was parked right next to the headquarters of Comedy Central’s parent company Viacom, quickly gained popularity Sunday, with no less than a New York Congressman — U.S. Rep. Peter King — among those who called the connection “a possibility.” Last month, a New York-based radical Muslim group threatened to kill South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker over the show’s depiction of Prophet Mohammed.
Time Square Bomb's 'South Park' Link
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’: Michael Emerson Set To Recur In Season 4
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA