Granted, it sounds ridiculous. But was the foiled Saturday car bombing attempt in Time Square a retaliation against Comedy Central for airing the infamous Mohammed arc on South Park? The theory, which stems from the the fact that the explosives-laden SUV was parked right next to the headquarters of Comedy Central’s parent company Viacom, quickly gained popularity Sunday, with no less than a New York Congressman — U.S. Rep. Peter King — among those who called the connection “a possibility.” Last month, a New York-based radical Muslim group threatened to kill South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker over the show’s depiction of Prophet Mohammed.
Time Square Bomb's 'South Park' Link
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury