Columbia Pictures and Happy Madison are in early talks to develop a movie based on Patrick Jean’s video-game themed sci-fi invasion video Pixels, which has become a viral sensation. No deal yet at Columbia, but Happy Madison bought the rights to Jean’s work and Adam Sandler’s company is a fixture on the lot. The idea would be to do it in 3D. Check out Jean’s work that created all the fuss:
Sony, Happy Madison Playing With Viral Sensation 'Pixels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount