Sidney Kimmel Entertainment has named Matt Berenson to be president of production and promoted Mark Mikutowicz to creative executive. Berenson had been president of production at Principato-Young Entertainment for the past 18 months, and before that he was president of production at Carsey-Werner Films. SKE has been in a state of flux since Kimmel downsized his operation in 2008. It most recently produced the Screen Gems-distributed remake Death at a Funeral, and there is a lot left in the pipeline, though it is unclear how aggressive Kimmel will be once those get made. SKE made some edgy indie films — United 93, The Kite Runner, Lars and the Real Girl — but a lot tanked.
Sidney Kimmel Ent's New Production Prez
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest TV News
- Fox News Slots ‘The Five’ Replacement At 5 PM
- Nicolle Wallace To Host New 4 PM Weekday Show On MSNBC
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Netflix Commissions Second German Production ‘Dogs Of Berlin’
- ‘The President Show’ Inaugurates New Term On Comedy Central
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit