Sidney Kimmel Entertainment has named Matt Berenson to be president of production and promoted Mark Mikutowicz to creative executive. Berenson had been president of production at Principato-Young Entertainment for the past 18 months, and before that he was president of production at Carsey-Werner Films. SKE has been in a state of flux since Kimmel downsized his operation in 2008. It most recently produced the Screen Gems-distributed remake Death at a Funeral, and there is a lot left in the pipeline, though it is unclear how aggressive Kimmel will be once those get made. SKE made some edgy indie films — United 93, The Kite Runner, Lars and the Real Girl — but a lot tanked.
Sidney Kimmel Ent's New Production Prez
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…