The director has been forced to bow out of attending Wednesday night’s Out of Competition premiere because of knee replacement surgery. His recovery has been slower than he’d hoped. “Truly, doctor’s orders are the only thing that could keep me from being there,” he said in a statement issued through Universal, Robin Hood‘s distributor. Stars Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett and producer Brian Grazer will still be getting papped from the red carpet though.
Ridley Scott To Miss Robin Hood Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best-Movie Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot
- ‘Big Love’ Creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Remember Their Star Bill Paxton