ABC dominated Sunday night with its Lost extravaganza: two-hour retrospective Lost: The Final Journey and two-and-a-half hour finale, which were followed by a special edition of Jimmy Kimmel Live. The series finale drew a 5.8 rating/15 share, marking the best Lost ratings since Feb. 14 2008. While maybe not as big as some might have anticipated given the massive build-up towards the finale, it was a significant bump for a heavily serialized show which is not easy to get back into if you have stopped following it and which barely cracked the 4 demo rating this season. The closer was up 27% from last season’s finale. The two-hour special that preceded it averaged a 4.0/13 and 9.8 million viewers. Celebrity Apprentice also had its finale on Sunday, averaging a respectable 3.4/9 in 18-49 for the crowning of ailing Bret Michaels as the winner. That was the highest 18-49 rating for the series since the premiere of last year’s cycle. The only other program to crack a 3 rating in 18-49 was Fox’s hour-long season finale of Family Guy, which averaged a 3.1/8. CBS stayed largely out of the fray with AMC’s Brooks & Dunn tribute, which averaged a 1.8/5 in 18-49. From 15:05-1:05 AM, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha To Lost (4.9 million viewers, 2.7 million of them in the 18-49 demographic) drew its third largest 18-49 audience behind its two post-Super Bowl airings.
RATINGS RATE RACE: Big Exit For 'Lost'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers' Less Than Meets The Eye With Near $60M Five-Day Domestic Opening - Midday B.O. Update
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets