ABC dominated Sunday night with its Lost extravaganza: two-hour retrospective Lost: The Final Journey and two-and-a-half hour finale, which were followed by a special edition of Jimmy Kimmel Live. The series finale drew a 5.8 rating/15 share, marking the best Lost ratings since Feb. 14 2008. While maybe not as big as some might have anticipated given the massive build-up towards the finale, it was a significant bump for a heavily serialized show which is not easy to get back into if you have stopped following it and which barely cracked the 4 demo rating this season. The closer was up 27% from last season’s finale. The two-hour special that preceded it averaged a 4.0/13 and 9.8 million viewers. Celebrity Apprentice also had its finale on Sunday, averaging a respectable 3.4/9 in 18-49 for the crowning of ailing Bret Michaels as the winner. That was the highest 18-49 rating for the series since the premiere of last year’s cycle. The only other program to crack a 3 rating in 18-49 was Fox’s hour-long season finale of Family Guy, which averaged a 3.1/8. CBS stayed largely out of the fray with AMC’s Brooks & Dunn tribute, which averaged a 1.8/5 in 18-49. From 15:05-1:05 AM, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha To Lost (4.9 million viewers, 2.7 million of them in the 18-49 demographic) drew its third largest 18-49 audience behind its two post-Super Bowl airings.
RATINGS RATE RACE: Big Exit For 'Lost'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest TV News
- N.K. Jemisin’s ‘The Fifth Season’ Book To Be Developed As TV Series At TNT
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’
- ‘Glitch’ Season 2 Gets Netflix Premiere Date & Trailer For Paranormal Saga
- John Legend’s Get Lifted Signs First-Look Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- YouTube Taps Jon Wax As Head Of Drama, Angela Courtin Heads Originals Marketing
- ABC Nabs FBI Darkly Comedic Drama From Regina Corrado, Felicity Huffman & NBCU International Studios As Put Pilot