Fox ruled the first night of the off-season with the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance, while ABC’s FlashForward and NBC’s 100 Questions made quiter exit/debut, respectively. The two-hour season 7 opener of Dance averaged a 3.0 rating/10 share among adults 18-49 and 8.2 million viewers overall. That was up 11% in the demo from the show’s most recent fall premiere but down 12% from Dance’s last summer’s debut. The series finale of FlashForward (1.3/5) was down 19% from last week and tied the recently cancelled drama’s lowest-rated telecast. Meanwhile, NBC’s new multi-camera comedy 100 Questions, originally slated for midseason but subsequently sent to summer for a burn-off run, premiered with a 0.8/3 in the demo, ranking as the lowest-rated program on the night dominated by repeats. It was tied for the bottom position with the only other original offering last night, ABC’s Hollywood Salutes Matt Damon special, which also drew a 0.8/2. All repeats fared better.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Solid 'Dance' Start For Fox; Low-Rated 'FlashForward' ABC Exit
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real Life…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday