Broadcast networks posted across-the-board ratings gains week-to-week for a second consecutive night, with ABC’s freshman comedy Modern Family (4.2 rating/11 share in adults 18-49, 10.1 million viewers overall) hitting a series demo high with a Hawaiian trip episode. NBC’s low-brow reality show Minute To Win It (2.2/7) was the surprising winner in the 8 PM hour, posting the network’s best rating in the hour with non-Olympic programming since The Biggest Loser finale in November. The stronger lead-in didn’t help much NBC’s struggling freshman drama Mercy (1.1/3), which was up only a tenth from last week’s series low. With the exception of ABC’s midseason drama Happy Town (1.2/3), which was flat week-to-week in its third and last airing during the regular season (the series will burn off its remaining episodes in June), all other Wednesday shows posted single-digit demo ratings gains, including bubble CBS comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine (1.9/6, up 6%). The two-hour season finale of America’s Next Top Model (1.8/6 in 18-34, 3.8 million) delivered the CW’s best Wednesday ratings in more than a year, since the March 2009 premiere of cycle 12 of the show. Fox (3.9/11, 12.1 million) won the night in adults 18-49 and total viewers, with the American Idol result show (6.4/17, 19.1 million) up only a fraction from last week.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Modern Family' Hits Series High & 'Minute To Win It' Wins At 8
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?