Viewers returned in droves last night, with many shows posting significant week-to-week gains. CBS led the way with NCIS (3.8 rating/10 share in adults 18-49, 16.9 million viewers overall) and NCIS:LA (3.3/8) bouncing back from season lows last week by 23% and 18% in the 18-49 demo, respectively. The key gainer last night was ABC’s freshman V (2.4/6), up 14% from last week and in a virtual tie at 10 PM, boosting the bubble show’s chances for survival. The other 10 PM dramas were also up, NBC’s Parenthood (2.6/7), up 4% and CBS’ The Good Wife (2.5/7), up 9%. Also up week vs. week were NBC’s The Biggest Loser (3.4/9, up 6%), ABC’s Dancing With the Stars result show (2.5/7, up 4%) and the top program of the night Fox’s American Idol (6.7/18, up 8%). ABC’s Lost (4.0/10) was flat, while Fox’s Glee (4.8/12) was down by a tenth. Fox won the night by a mile in the 18-49 demo, while CBS (15.26 million) squeaked past Fox (15.19 million) in total viewers for the first time on a Tuesday featuring Idol since the 2002-03 season.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC's 'V' & CBS' 'NCIS' Dramas Gain Big On Tuesday
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Anthony Scaramucci Might Attend Politicon Confab After All
- ‘The Night Shift’ Ratings Hit Season High; ‘Big Brother’ & CBS Top Night
- ‘Secret Life Of Muslims’ Web Series Returns For Season 2 With Funding Push
- 'My Dinner With Hervé': Mark Povinelli & Helena Mattsson Join Cast Of HBO Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 Trailer: Maura & Family Head To Israel
- Ryan Lizza Punches Back At Anthony Scaramucci Claims About Profane Interview