Viewers returned in droves last night, with many shows posting significant week-to-week gains. CBS led the way with NCIS (3.8 rating/10 share in adults 18-49, 16.9 million viewers overall) and NCIS:LA (3.3/8) bouncing back from season lows last week by 23% and 18% in the 18-49 demo, respectively. The key gainer last night was ABC’s freshman V (2.4/6), up 14% from last week and in a virtual tie at 10 PM, boosting the bubble show’s chances for survival. The other 10 PM dramas were also up, NBC’s Parenthood (2.6/7), up 4% and CBS’ The Good Wife (2.5/7), up 9%. Also up week vs. week were NBC’s The Biggest Loser (3.4/9, up 6%), ABC’s Dancing With the Stars result show (2.5/7, up 4%) and the top program of the night Fox’s American Idol (6.7/18, up 8%). ABC’s Lost (4.0/10) was flat, while Fox’s Glee (4.8/12) was down by a tenth. Fox won the night by a mile in the 18-49 demo, while CBS (15.26 million) squeaked past Fox (15.19 million) in total viewers for the first time on a Tuesday featuring Idol since the 2002-03 season.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC's 'V' & CBS' 'NCIS' Dramas Gain Big On Tuesday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation