Former child star Gary Coleman has died. He was 42. Coleman died at 12:05 p.m. at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, Utah, where he had been in a coma after suffering an intracranial hemorrhage at his Utah home on Wednesday night. Coleman, who was plagued by health problems his entire life and never grew taller than 4’8”, burst into the spotlight at age 11 as the star of Diff’rent Strokes. We was never able to repeat his early success and his adult life was marked by a series of personal problems.
R.I.P. Gary Coleman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21