I hear it’s over for ABC’s comedy pilot It Takes A Village. The network, which has so far picked up three comedy pilots, Better Together, Mr. Sunshine, and Happy Endings, is rumored to be picking up two more new comedy series. Wright Vs. Wrong had been considered the leading contender, possibly competing for a spot with It Takes A Village. The Debra Messing-starring Wright Vs. Wrong is still actively searching for a showrunner. It didn’t get an order along with the two new ABC dramas that were picked up today, Body of Proof and Off The Map. There is speculation that ABC might be waiting to see if The New Adventure of Old Christine would be renewed by CBS. ABC has been pursuing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom for the past three years and is said to be interested in picking up the series if CBS passes, possibly to pair it with another female-centered family comedy starring a sitcom veteran, The Middle.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: 'It Takes A Village' Not Going. Will ABC Need More Comedies?
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’
- ‘Descendants 2’ Set For Simultaneous July Premiere On Five Disney|ABC Television Group Networks
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l