I hear it’s over for ABC’s comedy pilot It Takes A Village. The network, which has so far picked up three comedy pilots, Better Together, Mr. Sunshine, and Happy Endings, is rumored to be picking up two more new comedy series. Wright Vs. Wrong had been considered the leading contender, possibly competing for a spot with It Takes A Village. The Debra Messing-starring Wright Vs. Wrong is still actively searching for a showrunner. It didn’t get an order along with the two new ABC dramas that were picked up today, Body of Proof and Off The Map. There is speculation that ABC might be waiting to see if The New Adventure of Old Christine would be renewed by CBS. ABC has been pursuing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom for the past three years and is said to be interested in picking up the series if CBS passes, possibly to pair it with another female-centered family comedy starring a sitcom veteran, The Middle.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: 'It Takes A Village' Not Going. Will ABC Need More Comedies?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers' Less Than Meets The Eye With Near $60M Five-Day Domestic Opening - Midday B.O. Update
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: Mireille Enos Among Three Cast In HBO Movie
- Netflix Orders Justin Willman Magic Reality Series