I hear it’s over for ABC’s comedy pilot It Takes A Village. The network, which has so far picked up three comedy pilots, Better Together, Mr. Sunshine, and Happy Endings, is rumored to be picking up two more new comedy series. Wright Vs. Wrong had been considered the leading contender, possibly competing for a spot with It Takes A Village. The Debra Messing-starring Wright Vs. Wrong is still actively searching for a showrunner. It didn’t get an order along with the two new ABC dramas that were picked up today, Body of Proof and Off The Map. There is speculation that ABC might be waiting to see if The New Adventure of Old Christine would be renewed by CBS. ABC has been pursuing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom for the past three years and is said to be interested in picking up the series if CBS passes, possibly to pair it with another female-centered family comedy starring a sitcom veteran, The Middle.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: 'It Takes A Village' Not Going. Will ABC Need More Comedies?
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- ‘The Blacklist’ Star Megan Boone Says Her FBI Character Will “Never Carry An Assault Rifle Again”
- ‘The Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules Denied Appeal On Fatal Iowa Accident
- Pilot Season 2018: Breakthrough For Female Directors, Modest Gains In Director Diversity
- 'Three Rivers': John Larroquette To Star In ABC Family Comedy Pilot
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- 'Charmed': Sarah Jeffery Cast As A Lead In The CW Reboot Pilot