With NBC, Fox and ABC completing the bulk of their new series orders, attention is shifting on CBS. It’s been a season of early pickups and even the ever-conservative CBS pulled the trigger early on the Chuck Lorre-produced comedy Mike & Molly today. Also hot on the comedy side is Bleep My Dad Says, with Mad Love, Team Spitz and Livin’ On a Prayer also in serious contention. On the drama side, Hawaii Five-O and Defenders are red-hot, with Chaos, the untitled John Wells-produced medical drama and the Criminal Minds spinoff also buzzed about. On the bubble series front, Medium is almost assured a seventh season, its second on CBS. Things also look good for veteran comedy Rules of Engagement. After several midseason orders, CBS can only pick up the multi-camera sitcom for a full season this time, which it appears close to doing. While not a noisemaker as other CBS comedies, Rules has been a reliable ratings performer wherever the network has dispatched it to. Talks are still under way for Ghost Whisperer and The New Adventures of Old Christine, both of which could go to ABC if CBS passes on them.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: CBS Update On Pilots & Bubble Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For Original Series
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With U.S. Studios
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years