EXCLUSIVE: It’s good news for CBS’ comedy Bleep My Dad Says. The hot pilot is on the verge of a series pickup and is already making deals with writers. But when it officially becomes a series, it will be with a new lead. I hear the network has decided to replace Ryan Devlin, who starred in the pilot. Based on the Twitter account, Bleep centers on a young guy, the role that will be recast, and his opinionated dad, played by William Shatner. Twitter star Justin Halpern, on whom the main character is based, co-wrote the WBTV-produced pilot with Patrick Schumacker, with Will & Grace creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick executive producing. Veteran sitcom helmer James Burrows directed the pilot, which co-stars Nicole Sullivan.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: CBS To Pick Up 'Bleep My Father Says' But With New Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux…