EXCLUSIVE: Private Practice writer-producers Steve Blackman and Craig Turk have been elevated to co-head writers on the ABC medical drama for its coming fourth season. They fill the void left by the departure of Robert Rovner and Jon Cowan who stepped down as executive producers/showrunners in March after two seasons at the helm. Grey’s Anatomy and Practice creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes will continue to supervise all creative and production aspects of the Grey’s spinoff. Blackman joined Practice at the beginning of season 2 as a co-executive producer and was upped to exec producer at the start of the current third season. Turk is a co-executive producer on Practice having started on the show also at the beginning of Season 2 as a supervising producer. He is now being upped to exec producer. While ABC has not handed out renewals to its returning series, Practice is fully expected to be back in the fall.
'Practice' Duo Tapped As Co-Head Writers
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High