EXCLUSIVE: Private Practice writer-producers Steve Blackman and Craig Turk have been elevated to co-head writers on the ABC medical drama for its coming fourth season. They fill the void left by the departure of Robert Rovner and Jon Cowan who stepped down as executive producers/showrunners in March after two seasons at the helm. Grey’s Anatomy and Practice creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes will continue to supervise all creative and production aspects of the Grey’s spinoff. Blackman joined Practice at the beginning of season 2 as a co-executive producer and was upped to exec producer at the start of the current third season. Turk is a co-executive producer on Practice having started on the show also at the beginning of Season 2 as a supervising producer. He is now being upped to exec producer. While ABC has not handed out renewals to its returning series, Practice is fully expected to be back in the fall.
'Practice' Duo Tapped As Co-Head Writers
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
Indie Spirit Noms Preview Likely Oscar Contenders, But What's Up With That 'Imitation Game' Shutout?
More From Andreeva
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy
- Parminder Nagra & Jessalyn Gilsig To Co-Star In 'Evil Men' USA Pilot
- 'Cristela' Gets Full-Season Order By ABC
- George Eads Exits 'CSI' After 15 Seasons