The first new scripted series pickup for the 2010-11 season has gone to NBC’s spy drama Undercovers from J.J. Abrams. The network made the 13-episode order this morning, two weeks before its upfront presentation in New York. Also on the fast track for an imminent series order is another Warner Bros.-produced drama pilot at NBC, Jerry Bruckheimer’s Chase. “We have tremendous confidence in this promising series and feel this is a great way to kick off our upcoming Upfront development announcements,” said Jeff Gaspin, chairman of NBC Uni Television Entertainment., said of Undecovers. Abrams serves is the co-creator, executive producer and director of Undercovers, which stars Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as a typical married couple who happen to be spies. Josh Reims co-created the show and is executive producing with Bryan Burk.
NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams' 'Undercovers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- Olivia Cooke To Star In ‘Vanity Fair’ Adaptation For ITV, Amazon Studios
- ‘The Split’: SundanceTV & BBC One Round Out Cast For Abi Morgan Drama Series
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale & Aftershow: “A.D.” Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion…
- Stephen Colbert Explains CBO Score Impact On Senate Trumpcare Bill
- Fox Developing Drama From Lee Daniels & Julian Breece That Tackles Race & Class
- ‘The Lowe Files’: Rob Lowe’s A&E Mystery Reality Series Sets Premiere Date, Unveils Trailer