The first new scripted series pickup for the 2010-11 season has gone to NBC’s spy drama Undercovers from J.J. Abrams. The network made the 13-episode order this morning, two weeks before its upfront presentation in New York. Also on the fast track for an imminent series order is another Warner Bros.-produced drama pilot at NBC, Jerry Bruckheimer’s Chase. “We have tremendous confidence in this promising series and feel this is a great way to kick off our upcoming Upfront development announcements,” said Jeff Gaspin, chairman of NBC Uni Television Entertainment., said of Undecovers. Abrams serves is the co-creator, executive producer and director of Undercovers, which stars Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as a typical married couple who happen to be spies. Josh Reims co-created the show and is executive producing with Bryan Burk.
NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams' 'Undercovers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Latest TV News
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Promo Features ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter…
- TV Watchdog Group Calls On Fox To Resuscitate ‘Last Man Standing’ And Bury ‘The Mick’ In “Win-Win”…
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Casts Sophia Lillis; Juan Riedinger Joins ‘Good Behavior’
- ‘Gilmore Girls’ Stars On That Ending & A Possible Season 2 – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors