The first new scripted series pickup for the 2010-11 season has gone to NBC’s spy drama Undercovers from J.J. Abrams. The network made the 13-episode order this morning, two weeks before its upfront presentation in New York. Also on the fast track for an imminent series order is another Warner Bros.-produced drama pilot at NBC, Jerry Bruckheimer’s Chase. “We have tremendous confidence in this promising series and feel this is a great way to kick off our upcoming Upfront development announcements,” said Jeff Gaspin, chairman of NBC Uni Television Entertainment., said of Undecovers. Abrams serves is the co-creator, executive producer and director of Undercovers, which stars Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as a typical married couple who happen to be spies. Josh Reims co-created the show and is executive producing with Bryan Burk.
NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams' 'Undercovers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest TV News
- Martin Ransohoff Dies: Film And TV Producer For Many Hits Was 90
- Mario Batali Fired From ‘The Chew’ After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- ‘Olive Forever’ Pilot Not Going Forward At USA, To Be Shopped Elsewhere
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Freeform Developing Thriller ‘The Kill Book’ From ‘Mysteries Of Laura’ Team
- Omarosa: Robin Roberts Declared “Black Woman Civil War” After ‘GMA’ Interview