The first new scripted series pickup for the 2010-11 season has gone to NBC’s spy drama Undercovers from J.J. Abrams. The network made the 13-episode order this morning, two weeks before its upfront presentation in New York. Also on the fast track for an imminent series order is another Warner Bros.-produced drama pilot at NBC, Jerry Bruckheimer’s Chase. “We have tremendous confidence in this promising series and feel this is a great way to kick off our upcoming Upfront development announcements,” said Jeff Gaspin, chairman of NBC Uni Television Entertainment., said of Undecovers. Abrams serves is the co-creator, executive producer and director of Undercovers, which stars Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as a typical married couple who happen to be spies. Josh Reims co-created the show and is executive producing with Bryan Burk.
NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams' 'Undercovers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night