I hear MTV has officially ordered Teen Wolf to series. The pickup deal, held up by sorting out details with rights holder MGM, has now closed. The order is believed to be for 12 episodes. The reinvention of the 1985 movie starring Michael J. Fox has been a hot project at MTV, which ordered a pilot presentation in the summer. It revolves around Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a dorky high-school student who gets a rush of new powers, including the ability to attract girls, after a wolf attack. Criminal Minds creator Jeff Davis wrote Teen Wolf for MTV and is executive producing the series with Rene Echevarria, Marty Adelstein and Michael Thorn. Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed and Dylan O’Brien co-star on the show, which had already been staffing. This is MTV’s third series pickup in the past 3 weeks. The cable network also ordered scripted pilot Skins to series, and also picked up animated comedy series Good Vibes.
MTV Picks Up 'Teen Wolf' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series