I hear MTV has officially ordered Teen Wolf to series. The pickup deal, held up by sorting out details with rights holder MGM, has now closed. The order is believed to be for 12 episodes. The reinvention of the 1985 movie starring Michael J. Fox has been a hot project at MTV, which ordered a pilot presentation in the summer. It revolves around Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a dorky high-school student who gets a rush of new powers, including the ability to attract girls, after a wolf attack. Criminal Minds creator Jeff Davis wrote Teen Wolf for MTV and is executive producing the series with Rene Echevarria, Marty Adelstein and Michael Thorn. Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed and Dylan O’Brien co-star on the show, which had already been staffing. This is MTV’s third series pickup in the past 3 weeks. The cable network also ordered scripted pilot Skins to series, and also picked up animated comedy series Good Vibes.
MTV Picks Up 'Teen Wolf' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update