I hear MTV has officially ordered Teen Wolf to series. The pickup deal, held up by sorting out details with rights holder MGM, has now closed. The order is believed to be for 12 episodes. The reinvention of the 1985 movie starring Michael J. Fox has been a hot project at MTV, which ordered a pilot presentation in the summer. It revolves around Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a dorky high-school student who gets a rush of new powers, including the ability to attract girls, after a wolf attack. Criminal Minds creator Jeff Davis wrote Teen Wolf for MTV and is executive producing the series with Rene Echevarria, Marty Adelstein and Michael Thorn. Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed and Dylan O’Brien co-star on the show, which had already been staffing. This is MTV’s third series pickup in the past 3 weeks. The cable network also ordered scripted pilot Skins to series, and also picked up animated comedy series Good Vibes.
MTV Picks Up 'Teen Wolf' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Jay-Z’s Trayvon Martin Docuseries Sparks Feud Between Snoop Dogg And George Zimmerman
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’