I hear MTV has officially ordered Teen Wolf to series. The pickup deal, held up by sorting out details with rights holder MGM, has now closed. The order is believed to be for 12 episodes. The reinvention of the 1985 movie starring Michael J. Fox has been a hot project at MTV, which ordered a pilot presentation in the summer. It revolves around Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a dorky high-school student who gets a rush of new powers, including the ability to attract girls, after a wolf attack. Criminal Minds creator Jeff Davis wrote Teen Wolf for MTV and is executive producing the series with Rene Echevarria, Marty Adelstein and Michael Thorn. Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed and Dylan O’Brien co-star on the show, which had already been staffing. This is MTV’s third series pickup in the past 3 weeks. The cable network also ordered scripted pilot Skins to series, and also picked up animated comedy series Good Vibes.
MTV Picks Up 'Teen Wolf' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'