I hear MTV has officially ordered Teen Wolf to series. The pickup deal, held up by sorting out details with rights holder MGM, has now closed. The order is believed to be for 12 episodes. The reinvention of the 1985 movie starring Michael J. Fox has been a hot project at MTV, which ordered a pilot presentation in the summer. It revolves around Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a dorky high-school student who gets a rush of new powers, including the ability to attract girls, after a wolf attack. Criminal Minds creator Jeff Davis wrote Teen Wolf for MTV and is executive producing the series with Rene Echevarria, Marty Adelstein and Michael Thorn. Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed and Dylan O’Brien co-star on the show, which had already been staffing. This is MTV’s third series pickup in the past 3 weeks. The cable network also ordered scripted pilot Skins to series, and also picked up animated comedy series Good Vibes.
MTV Picks Up 'Teen Wolf' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot
- ‘Big Love’ Creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Remember Their Star Bill Paxton
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings