The Mike Leigh-directed film Another Year is the first Cannes Festival premiere that has sparked interest from the domestic distributor crowd. Everybody got a look at it this weekend, and I’m hearing that Sony Pictures Classics and The Weinstein Company are in the mix and a deal could happen quick. The film that domestic distributors are most eagerly waiting to see is Biutiful, the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed Spanish language film that stars Javier Bardem. The Babel and Amores Perros is a world class auteur. He’s gotten world class deals for his recent movies, and it will be interesting to see how this plays out. The herd of domestic distributors for prestige pictures has thinned, and many of the survivors don’t usually traffic in foreign language films. Part of the reason is their ancillary output deals exclude subtitled fare.
CANNES: Mike Leigh's 'Another Year' To Be Fest's First Domestic Distributor Deal?
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Wonder Woman' To Whip 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' As Summer's Highest-Grossing Film; 2nd Best Of 2017
Latest TV News
- June Foray Dies: Voice Of Rocky From ‘The Bullwinkle Show’ Was 99
- Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On ‘The Daily Show’
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return
- HBO: “Very Good Relationship” With Bill Maher Despite Recent Language Controversy – TCA