Former ER star Maura Tierney is in negotiations for the lead in ABC’s new legal drama The Whole Truth, a role left vacant after the recent departure of Joely Richardson. Tierney, who had to pull out of NBC’s dramedy series Parenthood last fall while undergoing breast cancer treatment, was originally approached for the role in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced The Whole Truth during pilot season when she fielded multiple offers. After taking a medical break, Tierney recently returned to acting, rejoining FX’s Rescue Me where she has had a recurring role. The Whole Truth, on which she would star opposite Rob Morrow, would bring Tierney back at Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind ER, on which she starred for 9 seasons. The Whole Truth, which chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution, is slated to air Wednesdays at 10 PM this fall. Richardson departed the project after the pilot citing personal reasons.
Maura Tierney In Talks For ABC's 'Truth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet - Update
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $21M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $2M+
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet – Update
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams