Former ER star Maura Tierney is in negotiations for the lead in ABC’s new legal drama The Whole Truth, a role left vacant after the recent departure of Joely Richardson. Tierney, who had to pull out of NBC’s dramedy series Parenthood last fall while undergoing breast cancer treatment, was originally approached for the role in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced The Whole Truth during pilot season when she fielded multiple offers. After taking a medical break, Tierney recently returned to acting, rejoining FX’s Rescue Me where she has had a recurring role. The Whole Truth, on which she would star opposite Rob Morrow, would bring Tierney back at Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind ER, on which she starred for 9 seasons. The Whole Truth, which chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution, is slated to air Wednesdays at 10 PM this fall. Richardson departed the project after the pilot citing personal reasons.
Maura Tierney In Talks For ABC's 'Truth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
Latest TV News
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Down In Return As ‘Heroes Reborn’ & ‘The Blacklist’ Slip Against…
- ‘The Arcana Chronicles’ Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
- Trevor Noah Hammers Rupert Murdoch And Ben Carson On ‘The Daily Show’
- Disney Channel’s ‘The Lion Guard’ Movie Gets Premiere Date & Teaser
- ‘Banshee’s Fourth & Final Season Gets Premiere Date On Cinemax
- Alejandro G. Iñárritu Tapped As Featured Speaker At Produced By: New York