Former ER star Maura Tierney is in negotiations for the lead in ABC’s new legal drama The Whole Truth, a role left vacant after the recent departure of Joely Richardson. Tierney, who had to pull out of NBC’s dramedy series Parenthood last fall while undergoing breast cancer treatment, was originally approached for the role in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced The Whole Truth during pilot season when she fielded multiple offers. After taking a medical break, Tierney recently returned to acting, rejoining FX’s Rescue Me where she has had a recurring role. The Whole Truth, on which she would star opposite Rob Morrow, would bring Tierney back at Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind ER, on which she starred for 9 seasons. The Whole Truth, which chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution, is slated to air Wednesdays at 10 PM this fall. Richardson departed the project after the pilot citing personal reasons.
Maura Tierney In Talks For ABC's 'Truth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”
- CBS Football Analyst Apologizes For Gun Photo On Daughter’s Prom Night