Former ER star Maura Tierney is in negotiations for the lead in ABC’s new legal drama The Whole Truth, a role left vacant after the recent departure of Joely Richardson. Tierney, who had to pull out of NBC’s dramedy series Parenthood last fall while undergoing breast cancer treatment, was originally approached for the role in the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced The Whole Truth during pilot season when she fielded multiple offers. After taking a medical break, Tierney recently returned to acting, rejoining FX’s Rescue Me where she has had a recurring role. The Whole Truth, on which she would star opposite Rob Morrow, would bring Tierney back at Warner Bros. TV, the studio behind ER, on which she starred for 9 seasons. The Whole Truth, which chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution, is slated to air Wednesdays at 10 PM this fall. Richardson departed the project after the pilot citing personal reasons.
Maura Tierney In Talks For ABC's 'Truth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- CNN: Ted Cruz Debate Accusations “Categorically False”
- Bernie Sanders, Larry David Trade Bernie Sanders Barbs on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List
- DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For ‘The Revenant’; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For ‘Game Of Thrones’…
- Deadline’s DGA Awards Live Blog
- GOP Debate Live Blog: Return Of The Donald & Do Or Die For Some