The TV Academy has nixed a plan to eliminate the primetime Emmy category for main title music and replace it with a Music For a Nonfiction Program category after a vote by the academy’s music branch. Of the 121 ballots returned, 36 were for the change while 85 voted against it, the TV Academy said Monday. The change, tied to the decreasing number or traditional television main title theme music, was to take effect next year. It was approved by the Board of Governors but was contingent on additional approval by the music peer group and now it will not go forward.
EMMYS: Main Title Music Category To Stay
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'