The TV Academy has nixed a plan to eliminate the primetime Emmy category for main title music and replace it with a Music For a Nonfiction Program category after a vote by the academy’s music branch. Of the 121 ballots returned, 36 were for the change while 85 voted against it, the TV Academy said Monday. The change, tied to the decreasing number or traditional television main title theme music, was to take effect next year. It was approved by the Board of Governors but was contingent on additional approval by the music peer group and now it will not go forward.
EMMYS: Main Title Music Category To Stay
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz