EXCLUSIVE: Michael Henry, the financier whose credits include Moon, has teamed up with TV executive Chris Hunt, to create Limelight Media. The pair has raised in excess of £10 million ($15 million) to fund movies, TV and new media projects. Limelight Media’s four-person selection panel has already picked its first five investments: two feature films, one TV programme, one TV movie and a new media project. Its money is a mixture of debt and equity. The minimum investment will be £250,000 per project. London-based post-production house Molinare is also involved. On the TV side, the fund will finance programmes against what they sell for internationally. Previously, Hunt was CEO of Brit TV producer and distributor DCD Media. Hunt says Limelight is needed because there are a lot of worthwhile films and TV investments that just need that last bit of funding to push them into production. Henry is wary of being too overenthusiastic though. “It is quite easy to raise money but more difficult to spend it wisely,” Henry tells me.
Limelight Media Raises Movie and TV Fund
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash