EXCLUSIVE: Little has been heard from The Matrix team of Larry and Andy Wachowski since 2008’s Speed Racer crashed. I’m told they are circulating a new script that brings them back to terrain they covered in 1996’s Bound, a heist film with a lesbian romance. This one’s a drama that focuses on a “hard R” homosexual relationship between a U.S. soldier and an Iraqi. It’s a cinema verite-style treatment that begins in the near future and then spans back over years that include the current war in Iraq. I’ve heard the siblings completed the script, want to direct it next, and that it is out to financiers. It sounds far afield of their trademark stuff, but then again, The Matrix seemed pretty far out when the siblings first pitched it. Will furnish more info when I get it.
Larry And Andy Wachowski Shop U.S.-Iraqi War Tale With 'Hard R' Gay Love Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report