EXCLUSIVE: Little has been heard from The Matrix team of Larry and Andy Wachowski since 2008’s Speed Racer crashed. I’m told they are circulating a new script that brings them back to terrain they covered in 1996’s Bound, a heist film with a lesbian romance. This one’s a drama that focuses on a “hard R” homosexual relationship between a U.S. soldier and an Iraqi. It’s a cinema verite-style treatment that begins in the near future and then spans back over years that include the current war in Iraq. I’ve heard the siblings completed the script, want to direct it next, and that it is out to financiers. It sounds far afield of their trademark stuff, but then again, The Matrix seemed pretty far out when the siblings first pitched it. Will furnish more info when I get it.
Larry And Andy Wachowski Shop U.S.-Iraqi War Tale With 'Hard R' Gay Love Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount