Diederick Santer, executive producer of popular BBC soap EastEnders, has landed at Kudos Film and Television, producer of MI5 and Life On Mars. Santer oversaw EastEnders’ live 25th anniversary episode in February, which achieved 16.4 million viewers. Lovely Day, Santer’s new production company, is looking for international partners for returnable series. Although Lovely Day will share Kudos’ production and legal affairs teams – and be based out of its London offices – neither Kudos nor its owner Elizabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group will own it nor manage it. Instead, Kudos/Shine will share in the profits. Kudos wants to be in business with Santer because he is known as being one of the UK’s best TV drama producers.
Liz Murdoch's Kudos Now Has Lovely Day
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Trust’ Review: FX’s Jaded Getty Kidnapping Drama Is Criminally Stylish
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Unites Students And Celebrities For Day Of Protest – Highlights
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘SuperMansion’: Crackle Unveils Season 3 Trailer, Premiere Date
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Debuts Season 3 Trailer; Cast & Creator Talk Show’s Inclusivity – Wondercon