Diederick Santer, executive producer of popular BBC soap EastEnders, has landed at Kudos Film and Television, producer of MI5 and Life On Mars. Santer oversaw EastEnders’ live 25th anniversary episode in February, which achieved 16.4 million viewers. Lovely Day, Santer’s new production company, is looking for international partners for returnable series. Although Lovely Day will share Kudos’ production and legal affairs teams – and be based out of its London offices – neither Kudos nor its owner Elizabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group will own it nor manage it. Instead, Kudos/Shine will share in the profits. Kudos wants to be in business with Santer because he is known as being one of the UK’s best TV drama producers.
Liz Murdoch's Kudos Now Has Lovely Day
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'