EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Numbers showrunner Ken Sanzel is coming on board CBS’ new cop drama series Blue Bloods as showrunner. He is finalizing a deal to executive produce with creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green, who will continue to write and be very involved in the show, as well as Leonard Goldberg. Coincidentally, the Tom Selleck-starring Blue Bloods, about a multi-generational family of New York cops, is set to inherit Numbers’ Friday 10 PM time slot this fall. And Sanzel himself was a New York cop before becoming a writer. CBS traditionally teams the creators of its newly picked up series who have limited showrunner experience with seasoned showrunners after the pilot. Last year, it tapped Dee Johnson to run The Good Wife. She exited after the original 13-episode order was completed, with co-creators/executive producers Michelle and Robert King taking over showrunner duties. WME-repped Sanzel, who executive produced and ran Numbers for most of the crime procedural’s six-season run on CBS, is under an overall deal at CBS Studios, which produces Blue Bloods. This development season, he wrote, directed and executive produced the CW pilot presentation Nomads, which, along with medical drama presentation HMS, remains in contention for a midseason order.
Ken Sanzel To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’: Dougie Baldwin Cast In Netflix Pot Comedy Series From Chuck Lorre
- Ken Burns On PBS Docu ‘Defying The Nazis’: “I Didn’t Shoot A Single Scene” – TCA
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- Masterpiece Boards ‘King Charles III’ Adaptation As Franchise Looks To Bolster Slate Post-‘Downton Abbey…
- ‘PBS NewsHour’ Co-Anchors Pick Conventions’ Most Powerful Moments – TCA
- ABC Buys DJ Nash Family Comedy ‘Losing It’ In Premium Deal