EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Numbers showrunner Ken Sanzel is coming on board CBS’ new cop drama series Blue Bloods as showrunner. He is finalizing a deal to executive produce with creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green, who will continue to write and be very involved in the show, as well as Leonard Goldberg. Coincidentally, the Tom Selleck-starring Blue Bloods, about a multi-generational family of New York cops, is set to inherit Numbers’ Friday 10 PM time slot this fall. And Sanzel himself was a New York cop before becoming a writer. CBS traditionally teams the creators of its newly picked up series who have limited showrunner experience with seasoned showrunners after the pilot. Last year, it tapped Dee Johnson to run The Good Wife. She exited after the original 13-episode order was completed, with co-creators/executive producers Michelle and Robert King taking over showrunner duties. WME-repped Sanzel, who executive produced and ran Numbers for most of the crime procedural’s six-season run on CBS, is under an overall deal at CBS Studios, which produces Blue Bloods. This development season, he wrote, directed and executive produced the CW pilot presentation Nomads, which, along with medical drama presentation HMS, remains in contention for a midseason order.
Ken Sanzel To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Paul Ryan: Donald Trump Said He Was Clueless About Judge Jeanine’s Opening Salvo
- Stephen Colbert Tops Q1 Total Viewers In Late-Night; Jimmy Fallon Takes Demo
- ‘War Machine’ Trailer: Netflix Pic Tracks General Brad Pitt’s Fast Rise & Faster Fall
- Warriors Win Scores ESPN Ratings High, ‘Empire’ Hits New Low, ‘Imaginary Mary’ Debuts OK
- Kevin Kay Details Plans For the Paramount Network, Talks Future Of ‘Nashville’
- Paramount Network Sets Slate For 2018 Launch With 2 TV Land Series & ‘Waco’, Renews ‘Lip Sync Battle’ For…