EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Numbers showrunner Ken Sanzel is coming on board CBS’ new cop drama series Blue Bloods as showrunner. He is finalizing a deal to executive produce with creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green, who will continue to write and be very involved in the show, as well as Leonard Goldberg. Coincidentally, the Tom Selleck-starring Blue Bloods, about a multi-generational family of New York cops, is set to inherit Numbers’ Friday 10 PM time slot this fall. And Sanzel himself was a New York cop before becoming a writer. CBS traditionally teams the creators of its newly picked up series who have limited showrunner experience with seasoned showrunners after the pilot. Last year, it tapped Dee Johnson to run The Good Wife. She exited after the original 13-episode order was completed, with co-creators/executive producers Michelle and Robert King taking over showrunner duties. WME-repped Sanzel, who executive produced and ran Numbers for most of the crime procedural’s six-season run on CBS, is under an overall deal at CBS Studios, which produces Blue Bloods. This development season, he wrote, directed and executive produced the CW pilot presentation Nomads, which, along with medical drama presentation HMS, remains in contention for a midseason order.
Ken Sanzel To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention