EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Numbers showrunner Ken Sanzel is coming on board CBS’ new cop drama series Blue Bloods as showrunner. He is finalizing a deal to executive produce with creators Mitchell Burgess and Robin Green, who will continue to write and be very involved in the show, as well as Leonard Goldberg. Coincidentally, the Tom Selleck-starring Blue Bloods, about a multi-generational family of New York cops, is set to inherit Numbers’ Friday 10 PM time slot this fall. And Sanzel himself was a New York cop before becoming a writer. CBS traditionally teams the creators of its newly picked up series who have limited showrunner experience with seasoned showrunners after the pilot. Last year, it tapped Dee Johnson to run The Good Wife. She exited after the original 13-episode order was completed, with co-creators/executive producers Michelle and Robert King taking over showrunner duties. WME-repped Sanzel, who executive produced and ran Numbers for most of the crime procedural’s six-season run on CBS, is under an overall deal at CBS Studios, which produces Blue Bloods. This development season, he wrote, directed and executive produced the CW pilot presentation Nomads, which, along with medical drama presentation HMS, remains in contention for a midseason order.
Ken Sanzel To Run CBS' 'Blue Bloods'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
With 'Empire' And 'Star,' Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline Disruptors
Latest TV News
- Netflix Sets First Turkish Series; Ex-Studiocanal Chief Joins French Gov’t – Global Briefs
- Leah Remini Is The Thorn In Scientology’s Side — Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors