A Los Angeles Superior Court judge recalled the bench warrant he issued on David Bergstein after the embattled film financier showed up in a courtroom to address his unpaid casino markers worth nearly $1 million. Judge Matthew St. George issued the bench warrant after Bergstein sent his lawyer to handle the mess but didn’t show up himself. He was also absent from court when a bankruptcy judge appointed a trustee to seize control of the film library of Capitol Films, ThinkFilm and other Bergstein-owned labels.
Judge Calls Off Dogs On David Bergstein
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'
- 'Ben-Hur' Remake: 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Lands Title Role
- Toronto: Andrew Garfield-Michael Shannon Starrer '99 Homes' Sells To Broad Green Pictures In $3 Million Deal
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale