The newly picked up ABC legal drama The Whole Truth has lost its lead. Joely Richardson has departed the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama, written by Tom Donaghy. Sources close to producing studio WBTV said that the former Nip/Tuck star asked to be released so she can spend more time with her family. The studio already moved production on the project from Los Angeles to New York to accommodate Richardson. The Whole Truth, which has Rob Morrow as the male lead, employs an alternating narrative structure, which shows both the defense and prosecution sides.
Joely Richardson Off ABC's 'Whole Truth'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Adapting Korean Geriatric Travel Reality Series With Craig Zadan, Neil Meron
- Netflix Nabs Rights To New Drama 'Gotham' In Precedent-Setting Deal
- ABC Buys Parents Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- Fox's 'Gang Related' Cancelled After Summer Run
- Ensemble Friends Comedy Produced By Jason Winer Lands At NBC As Put Pilot
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' For Third And Final Season