Flight of the Conchords stars Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie declined to return for a 3rd season of the HBO series, but they have been touring around the world and selling out most venues. Which bodes well for Jermaine now that he’s tuning up to play the villainous Yaz in Men in Black III, the sequel that is being fast-tracked by Columbia Pictures. Will Smith stars with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin, and Barry Sonnenfeld directs. Clement will next be seen co-starring with Steve Carell in Dinner For Schmucks, the Jay Roach-directed DreamWorks comedy that Paramount distributes July 23. Both films are produced by Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald, who saw what work Clement was doing on Schmucks and lobbied for him to join MIB3.
Meet The New Villain In 'Men In Black III'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Adam Sandler To Star In Film Quartet For Netflix, Which Continues To Thumb Nose At Theaters
- Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe's Pitch For 'I Am Legend' Reboot
- David O Russell Gets 2-Picture Deal With Megan Ellison's Annapurna
- Ice Cube Pitch 'Rocky Mountain High' In Bidding Battle
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch