Flight of the Conchords stars Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie declined to return for a 3rd season of the HBO series, but they have been touring around the world and selling out most venues. Which bodes well for Jermaine now that he’s tuning up to play the villainous Yaz in Men in Black III, the sequel that is being fast-tracked by Columbia Pictures. Will Smith stars with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin, and Barry Sonnenfeld directs. Clement will next be seen co-starring with Steve Carell in Dinner For Schmucks, the Jay Roach-directed DreamWorks comedy that Paramount distributes July 23. Both films are produced by Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald, who saw what work Clement was doing on Schmucks and lobbied for him to join MIB3.
Meet The New Villain In 'Men In Black III'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast #10: Too Much TV, ‘Big Little Lies’ Nicole Kidman & Betting On Robert…
- Laurence Fishburne's Cinema Gypsy Prods. Re-Ups ABC Studios Overall Deal, Taps Melissa Gelineau As Head Of TV
- Amazon Seeks $2.8M For Ad Packages With NFL Video Streams: Report
- Stephen Colbert In Russia, Will Bring Back Donald Trump Tapes Of James Comey Talks
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner
- YouTube Red Greenlights Two New Comedy Series Toplined By Ryan Hansen & Rob Huebel