Flight of the Conchords stars Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie declined to return for a 3rd season of the HBO series, but they have been touring around the world and selling out most venues. Which bodes well for Jermaine now that he’s tuning up to play the villainous Yaz in Men in Black III, the sequel that is being fast-tracked by Columbia Pictures. Will Smith stars with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin, and Barry Sonnenfeld directs. Clement will next be seen co-starring with Steve Carell in Dinner For Schmucks, the Jay Roach-directed DreamWorks comedy that Paramount distributes July 23. Both films are produced by Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald, who saw what work Clement was doing on Schmucks and lobbied for him to join MIB3.
Meet The New Villain In 'Men In Black III'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- Jason Abbruzzese Joins NBC News Digital
- Steve Capus Exit Note Looks To Next Chapter At CBS “Or Elsewhere”
- Mosheh Oinounou Replaces Steve Capus As EP ‘CBS Evening News With Jeff Glor’
- Verizon Boss On Company’s Media M&A Stance: “Nothing Going On Right Now”
- Jimmy Kimmel Seeks Therapy For Best-Picture Trauma In New Oscar Promo
- Verizon Narrowly Misses Q4 Estimates, But Credits Trump Tax Bill For Profit Leap