I hear CBS may break away from its tradition of picking up all of its new series on the Monday of upfront week this year and greenlight the Chuck Lorre-produced new comedy Mike & Molly later this week. It’s not that a series pickup for the pilot would shock anyone. The comedy about an overweight couple and their friends written by Mark Roberts and directed by James Burrows has been the clear frontrunner at the network through table read, filming, testing and screenings. CBS is said to have a very short window to pick up the comedy or release it so producer Warner Bros. can shop it elsewhere. It’s safe to say the latter won’t happen.
Is Chuck Lorre's 'Mike & Molly' Headed for Early Pickup At CBS?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders