I hear CBS may break away from its tradition of picking up all of its new series on the Monday of upfront week this year and greenlight the Chuck Lorre-produced new comedy Mike & Molly later this week. It’s not that a series pickup for the pilot would shock anyone. The comedy about an overweight couple and their friends written by Mark Roberts and directed by James Burrows has been the clear frontrunner at the network through table read, filming, testing and screenings. CBS is said to have a very short window to pick up the comedy or release it so producer Warner Bros. can shop it elsewhere. It’s safe to say the latter won’t happen.
Is Chuck Lorre's 'Mike & Molly' Headed for Early Pickup At CBS?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'