ICM has signed Platinum Studios, with the mission to help the entertainment company create film projects from its vast library of 5600 comic book characters. Platinum Studios was started by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, who brokered the original deal for Men in Black when he ran Malibu Comics. After years of trying the movie version of the Platinum Comics title Cowboys & Aliens has become a tent pole being made in partnership between DreamWorks, Universal and Imagine, with Jon Favreau directing Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and Paul Dano. As for other Platinum fare already set up for production: Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night has wrapped with Brandon Routh, Sam Huntington and Taye Diggs at Hyde Park and Omnilab Media; Len Wiseman is attached to direct Atlantis Rising at Dreamworks, Meet the Haunteds has director Steve Carr attached, Unique is being developed by Walt Disney Pictures and The Witchblade is at Top Cow Productions and Arclight Films. CAA and manager Glen Rigberg rep Platinum for TV.
ICM Signs 'Cowboys & Aliens' Publisher Platinum Studios To Lasso Film Deals
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'