ICM has signed Platinum Studios, with the mission to help the entertainment company create film projects from its vast library of 5600 comic book characters. Platinum Studios was started by Scott Mitchell Rosenberg, who brokered the original deal for Men in Black when he ran Malibu Comics. After years of trying the movie version of the Platinum Comics title Cowboys & Aliens has become a tent pole being made in partnership between DreamWorks, Universal and Imagine, with Jon Favreau directing Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and Paul Dano. As for other Platinum fare already set up for production: Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night has wrapped with Brandon Routh, Sam Huntington and Taye Diggs at Hyde Park and Omnilab Media; Len Wiseman is attached to direct Atlantis Rising at Dreamworks, Meet the Haunteds has director Steve Carr attached, Unique is being developed by Walt Disney Pictures and The Witchblade is at Top Cow Productions and Arclight Films. CAA and manager Glen Rigberg rep Platinum for TV.
ICM Signs 'Cowboys & Aliens' Publisher Platinum Studios To Lasso Film Deals
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction