You might not know that CAA partner Bryan Lourd sat on the board of Barry Diller’s parent company when it owned the Home Shopping Network. (HSN has since been spun off.) So it’s interesting that CAA’s arch rival WME has signed HSN following a long courtship. HSN will be repped by the team that works on Hasbro for its toy-tie in movie deals and HUB, the joint venture with Discovery that puts a new channel on the air this fall. Why does HSN need a Hollywood agency? The goal is to create multi-media expansion opportunities for the brand.
Home Shopping Network Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’