You might not know that CAA partner Bryan Lourd sat on the board of Barry Diller’s parent company when it owned the Home Shopping Network. (HSN has since been spun off.) So it’s interesting that CAA’s arch rival WME has signed HSN following a long courtship. HSN will be repped by the team that works on Hasbro for its toy-tie in movie deals and HUB, the joint venture with Discovery that puts a new channel on the air this fall. Why does HSN need a Hollywood agency? The goal is to create multi-media expansion opportunities for the brand.
Home Shopping Network Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report