“Can I get you a killer with that coffee?” That’s what baristas at coffee shops around Los Angeles will be asking for the next 30 days beginning Thursday. It’s part of Showtime’s Emmy campaign for Dexter which includes more than 100,000 Dexter coffee sleeves distributed around town that feature an image of star Michael C. Hall. The sleeves are heat sensitive, so as soon as they are on the cup, John Lithgow will appear next to Hall’s Dexter. Dexter is coming off one of its strongest seasons, which already earned a Golden Globe and a SAG Award for Hall and a Globe for Lithgow. Showtime, which is employing Twitter and Facebook in its campaign this year, won’t take any Emmy ads in the trades for a second year in a row. It’s a strategy that worked: last year, Showtime had the most series nominations for a cable network and won the most Emmys in its history.
Hot Emmy Promos For Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
'Celebrity Big Brother': Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been "Exceptional"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014
- LeBron James Speaks Out On “Shut Up And Dribble” Comments