“Can I get you a killer with that coffee?” That’s what baristas at coffee shops around Los Angeles will be asking for the next 30 days beginning Thursday. It’s part of Showtime’s Emmy campaign for Dexter which includes more than 100,000 Dexter coffee sleeves distributed around town that feature an image of star Michael C. Hall. The sleeves are heat sensitive, so as soon as they are on the cup, John Lithgow will appear next to Hall’s Dexter. Dexter is coming off one of its strongest seasons, which already earned a Golden Globe and a SAG Award for Hall and a Globe for Lithgow. Showtime, which is employing Twitter and Facebook in its campaign this year, won’t take any Emmy ads in the trades for a second year in a row. It’s a strategy that worked: last year, Showtime had the most series nominations for a cable network and won the most Emmys in its history.
Hot Emmy Promos For Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest TV News
- ‘Lucifer’ Fans Get Sneak Peek At Two-Hour Bonus Episode To Air Monday
- Ex-‘Dance Moms’ Star Abby Lee Miller Released From Halfway House
- Rockets’ Defiant NBA Playoff Win Proves Ratings Champ Against Slow Big 4 Night
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Actress Marci Miller Bids Farewell Via Instagram
- ‘The View’ Co-Host Meghan McCain Again Criticizes NFL National Anthem Kneelers
- Chef Mario Batali’s Three Las Vegas Restaurants To Close As Misconduct Allegations Swirl