“Can I get you a killer with that coffee?” That’s what baristas at coffee shops around Los Angeles will be asking for the next 30 days beginning Thursday. It’s part of Showtime’s Emmy campaign for Dexter which includes more than 100,000 Dexter coffee sleeves distributed around town that feature an image of star Michael C. Hall. The sleeves are heat sensitive, so as soon as they are on the cup, John Lithgow will appear next to Hall’s Dexter. Dexter is coming off one of its strongest seasons, which already earned a Golden Globe and a SAG Award for Hall and a Globe for Lithgow. Showtime, which is employing Twitter and Facebook in its campaign this year, won’t take any Emmy ads in the trades for a second year in a row. It’s a strategy that worked: last year, Showtime had the most series nominations for a cable network and won the most Emmys in its history.
Hot Emmy Promos For Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”