“Can I get you a killer with that coffee?” That’s what baristas at coffee shops around Los Angeles will be asking for the next 30 days beginning Thursday. It’s part of Showtime’s Emmy campaign for Dexter which includes more than 100,000 Dexter coffee sleeves distributed around town that feature an image of star Michael C. Hall. The sleeves are heat sensitive, so as soon as they are on the cup, John Lithgow will appear next to Hall’s Dexter. Dexter is coming off one of its strongest seasons, which already earned a Golden Globe and a SAG Award for Hall and a Globe for Lithgow. Showtime, which is employing Twitter and Facebook in its campaign this year, won’t take any Emmy ads in the trades for a second year in a row. It’s a strategy that worked: last year, Showtime had the most series nominations for a cable network and won the most Emmys in its history.
Hot Emmy Promos For Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest TV News
- Christina Davis Exits As CBS Head Of Drama Development
- ‘Salvation’ Holds In Week 2, ‘Little Big Shots: Forever Young’ Ticks Down, Gordon Ramsay Shows Inch Up, ‘Big…
- O.J. Simpson Tells Parole Board: “Nobody Ever Accused Me of Pulling Any Weapon On Them”
- A&E Sets Return Date For ‘Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath’
- ‘The Originals’ To End After Season 5 On The CW
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award