“Can I get you a killer with that coffee?” That’s what baristas at coffee shops around Los Angeles will be asking for the next 30 days beginning Thursday. It’s part of Showtime’s Emmy campaign for Dexter which includes more than 100,000 Dexter coffee sleeves distributed around town that feature an image of star Michael C. Hall. The sleeves are heat sensitive, so as soon as they are on the cup, John Lithgow will appear next to Hall’s Dexter. Dexter is coming off one of its strongest seasons, which already earned a Golden Globe and a SAG Award for Hall and a Globe for Lithgow. Showtime, which is employing Twitter and Facebook in its campaign this year, won’t take any Emmy ads in the trades for a second year in a row. It’s a strategy that worked: last year, Showtime had the most series nominations for a cable network and won the most Emmys in its history.
Hot Emmy Promos For Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…