Greg Malins has signed an overall deal with Warner Bros. TV. The rich two-year pact follows Malins’ recent signing as an executive producer/co-showrunner on the studio’s new comedy series for ABC Better Together. Malins was probably the most sought-after showrunner during the upfronts with six pilots reaching out to him. (Malins himself had a pilot this season, Freshmen at ABC, which didn’t go to series.) He ultimately chose to re-team with fellow former Friends executive producer Shana Goldberg-Meehan, creator/executive producer of Better Together, and the two will be sharing showrunner duties on the show. Malins and Goldberg-Meenah are long-time friends and his addition to Better Together will help the comedy go smoothly through the initial pre-production stages as Goldberg-Meehan gives birth next month. WME-repped Malins most recently was based at 20th TV where he was an executive producer on the studio’s CBS series How I Met Your Mother and, alongside creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays, helped guide the comedy’s steady rise.
Greg Malins Inks Overall Deal At WBTV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS