The Kenny Leon-directed revival of August Wilson’s Fences that stars Denzel Washington and Viola Davis just broke the Cort Theatre’s single-week box office record. For the week ending May 9, the play grossed $1,008,103.50. That comes on the heels of 10 Tony nominations. The run is limited to 13 weeks, but I’m hoping there will be a movie version, because the performances by the cast are the perfect way to create a permanent version of Wilson’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play.
'Fences' Breaks Cort Theatre Sales Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Box Office News
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Brings #Ham4Ham Live Performance For ‘Hamilton’ Opening Night In L.A.
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Release Date Shifts Into September
- ‘Wolf’ Whistles To $685M; ‘Annabelle’ Conjures $35M+; ‘Spider-Man’ Leaps Past $700M WW – International…
- ‘Groundhog Day’ Ending Broadway Run Next Month
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets 2’ Will Be Unleashed A Month Earlier