Doug Liman is formally set to direct The Three Musketeers at Warner Bros, a project that’s being fast tracked for a fall start. Lionel Wigram is producing, and the modern period style will be similar to the one he brought to Sherlock Holmes. Its script was written by Michael Robert Johnson, Peter Straughan and Bridget O’Connor. It’s one of several pics percolating–one has Paul W.S. Anderson directing–that are based on the Alexandre Dumas novel that is in the public domain. Meanwhile, Liman’s Fair Game premieres in competition at Cannes, and Summit has signed on as distributor.
Doug Liman Set For Swashbuckling Duty
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says…
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3