Lenny Crooks, former head of the UK Film Council’s New Cinema Fund, is moving across the pond to set up a consultancy service. Crooks, who also used to run the Glasgow Film Fund, says he wants to act as a bridge between both sides of the Atlantic. Features that the NCF backed during Crooks’ tenure included Cannes Special Jury Prize winner Fish Tank and Bright Star. The NCF wound up at the end of March, replaced by a consolidated £15 million Film Fund.
Ex-Film Fund Head Relocates to New York
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
'Magnificent Seven' Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua - Monday Final B.O.
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor