The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce misspelled Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ name when she received a star along the Hollywood Walk Of Fame today. UPDATE: “You should know they fixed the star before the dedication,” an exec tells me. “It was just incorrect when we arrived.” The mistake was made on “Louis,” which was spelled “Luis,” a person present said. Louis-Dreyfus thought it was hilarious and didn’t mind keeping the typo in, but the Chamber of Commerce people ripped up the sign and redid it in time for the dedication ceremony. Louis-Dreyfus didn’t address the mishap in her speech — but the Chamber of Commerce rep did, noting this was only the 2nd time in history that a person’s name was misspelled on their Hollywood Walk of Fame star. (He wouldn’t say who the other victim was, but word is it was Dick Van Dyke.)
Don't You Hate When That Happens…?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure