I’ve heard that Jerry Bruckheimer has raised $300 million to $350 million in production co-financing earmarked specifically for Touchstone label films that veer from Disney’s franchise family film mandate. I heard Bruckheimer got into the fund raising game last fall when he raised $20 million through Barclays Bank to finance development for three years, and that expanded into production funds that he raised in cahoots with the studio. If Bruckheimer has raised that much, it puts him above the batch of top producers who’ve gotten multi-million dollar development funding from offshore companies in India and Abu Dhabi. G Force and Confessions of a Shopaholic notwithstanding, what producer would you rather bankroll?A Los Angeles Times article today vaguely mentioned some unspecified funding after reporting that Bruckheimer trimmed the sails of the pricey Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Disney is cutting back his rich overall deal. Disney and Bruckheimer refused to verify, and that is the same silent treatment I’ve received after asking several times.
Does Bruckheimer Have $300 Million-$350 Million Raised To Fund Touchstone Films?
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back