I’ve heard that Jerry Bruckheimer has raised $300 million to $350 million in production co-financing earmarked specifically for Touchstone label films that veer from Disney’s franchise family film mandate. I heard Bruckheimer got into the fund raising game last fall when he raised $20 million through Barclays Bank to finance development for three years, and that expanded into production funds that he raised in cahoots with the studio. If Bruckheimer has raised that much, it puts him above the batch of top producers who’ve gotten multi-million dollar development funding from offshore companies in India and Abu Dhabi. G Force and Confessions of a Shopaholic notwithstanding, what producer would you rather bankroll?A Los Angeles Times article today vaguely mentioned some unspecified funding after reporting that Bruckheimer trimmed the sails of the pricey Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Disney is cutting back his rich overall deal. Disney and Bruckheimer refused to verify, and that is the same silent treatment I’ve received after asking several times.
Does Bruckheimer Have $300 Million-$350 Million Raised To Fund Touchstone Films?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Gang Takes On Donnie & Melania – Tribeca TV Festival
- Stevie Wonder “Takes A Knee” For America At Global Citizen Festival
- ‘Free Speech Week’ With Milo Yiannopoulos, Ann Coulter, Steve Bannon Canceled At UC Berkeley
- Golden State Warriors Will Not Visit Donald Trump’s White House
- MSNBC Devotes Day To Global Citizen Festival Featuring Stevie Wonder, Green Day, Pharrell Williams
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On NFL Stance: Kneelers Should Be Fired