I’ve heard that Jerry Bruckheimer has raised $300 million to $350 million in production co-financing earmarked specifically for Touchstone label films that veer from Disney’s franchise family film mandate. I heard Bruckheimer got into the fund raising game last fall when he raised $20 million through Barclays Bank to finance development for three years, and that expanded into production funds that he raised in cahoots with the studio. If Bruckheimer has raised that much, it puts him above the batch of top producers who’ve gotten multi-million dollar development funding from offshore companies in India and Abu Dhabi. G Force and Confessions of a Shopaholic notwithstanding, what producer would you rather bankroll?A Los Angeles Times article today vaguely mentioned some unspecified funding after reporting that Bruckheimer trimmed the sails of the pricey Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Disney is cutting back his rich overall deal. Disney and Bruckheimer refused to verify, and that is the same silent treatment I’ve received after asking several times.
Does Bruckheimer Have $300 Million-$350 Million Raised To Fund Touchstone Films?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Video: Harrison Ford’s Close Call At California Airport
- AwesomenessTV Founder & CEO Brian Robbins Exits
- Jimmy Fallon’s Donald Trump Unveils “112% Factual” Trump News Network
- Bill Maher Takes Credit For Yiannopoulos Downfall, Calls Him “Emotionally Needy Ann Coulter Wannabe”
- Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump’s “Erratic Behavior” Has Republicans Worried
- ITV Closure Of London Studios Irks Union; China’s iQiyi Raises $1.5B – Global Briefs