I’ve heard that Jerry Bruckheimer has raised $300 million to $350 million in production co-financing earmarked specifically for Touchstone label films that veer from Disney’s franchise family film mandate. I heard Bruckheimer got into the fund raising game last fall when he raised $20 million through Barclays Bank to finance development for three years, and that expanded into production funds that he raised in cahoots with the studio. If Bruckheimer has raised that much, it puts him above the batch of top producers who’ve gotten multi-million dollar development funding from offshore companies in India and Abu Dhabi. G Force and Confessions of a Shopaholic notwithstanding, what producer would you rather bankroll?A Los Angeles Times article today vaguely mentioned some unspecified funding after reporting that Bruckheimer trimmed the sails of the pricey Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Disney is cutting back his rich overall deal. Disney and Bruckheimer refused to verify, and that is the same silent treatment I’ve received after asking several times.
Does Bruckheimer Have $300 Million-$350 Million Raised To Fund Touchstone Films?
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’: Maria Bello Joins Veteran CBS Drama As Series Regular
- Katy Perry To Host MTV Video Music Awards
- ‘The Arrangement’: Garcelle Beauvais Set To Recur In Season 2 On E!
- Donald Trump Gives Thumbs Up As ‘Fox & Friends’ & New York Times Make Nice
- Amy Sedaris Explains ‘At Home’ To Bemused TV Critics At TCA
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Krista Vernoff Returning As Co-Showrunner For Season 14