Diane Keaton is set for the title role and Ellen Page has signed on to co-star in Tilda, HBO’s half-hour comedy pilot from Bill Condon. The project centers on Tilda (Keaton), a powerful female online Hollywood journalist with a no-holds-barred style. (Hmm, wonder where the inspiration for that character came from.) Page will play Caroyln, a morally conflicted creative assistant caught between following the corporate culture of the studio she works for and following Tilda, who has taken a keen interest in her. Condon and Tell Me You Love Me creator Cynthia Mort wrote the script and are executive producing the pilot, which Condon is attached to direct. Filming is slated for June in Los Angeles. Both Keaton and Page have recent history with HBO. Keaton, who has never starred on a TV series, was attached to another half-hour project about a feminist icon launching a sexually explicit magazine for women. And Page in the fall teamed with the pay cable network for Stitch N’ Bitch, a single-camera comedy she is writing with two other young actors, Alia Shawkat and Sean Tillmann. Page next co-stars opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Christopher Nolan’s summer tentpole Inception, while Keaton’s next stars in Bad Robot’s Morning Glory. Both are repped by WME. Page is managed by Kelly Bush.
Diane Keaton & Ellen Page In HBO's 'Tilda'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Millennium's Avi Lerner Rips Into Keanu Reeves For Walking Away From Movie 'The Detail'; Reeves' Lawyer Disputes
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series