Diane Keaton is set for the title role and Ellen Page has signed on to co-star in Tilda, HBO’s half-hour comedy pilot from Bill Condon. The project centers on Tilda (Keaton), a powerful female online Hollywood journalist with a no-holds-barred style. (Hmm, wonder where the inspiration for that character came from.) Page will play Caroyln, a morally conflicted creative assistant caught between following the corporate culture of the studio she works for and following Tilda, who has taken a keen interest in her. Condon and Tell Me You Love Me creator Cynthia Mort wrote the script and are executive producing the pilot, which Condon is attached to direct. Filming is slated for June in Los Angeles. Both Keaton and Page have recent history with HBO. Keaton, who has never starred on a TV series, was attached to another half-hour project about a feminist icon launching a sexually explicit magazine for women. And Page in the fall teamed with the pay cable network for Stitch N’ Bitch, a single-camera comedy she is writing with two other young actors, Alia Shawkat and Sean Tillmann. Page next co-stars opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Christopher Nolan’s summer tentpole Inception, while Keaton’s next stars in Bad Robot’s Morning Glory. Both are repped by WME. Page is managed by Kelly Bush.
Diane Keaton & Ellen Page In HBO's 'Tilda'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Allison Shearmur Funeral Service Set For Monday: Pals Pay Tribute To Late Tastemaking Studio Executive & Producer
Ava DuVernay Says Diversity Is An "Absolute Must" In Industry; Remembers Allison Shearmur - PGA Awards
Latest TV News
- Ryan Murphy Wanted To “Move The Cultural Dial” On TV With “Triumphant” Gay Characters…
- PGA Awards: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Outstanding Producer; ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Tops In TV – Full…
- ‘SNL’: President Donald Trump Passed His Physical – And The Tide Pod Challenge
- Bob Smith Dies: First Openly Gay Comic To Appear On ‘The Tonight Show’ Was 59
- Oscar Winners Fisher Stevens & Ross Kauffman Take On Discovery Doc ‘Taken By The Tiger’
- ‘Spheres: Songs Of Spacetime’ Trailer: Jessica Chastain Narrates VR Experience Exploring Sounds Of The Cosmos