The CW will be adding some bite to Thursday nights this summer, acquiring reruns of CBS’ cult vampire drama Moonlight to be paired with repeats of the CW’s own Vampire Diaries. The vampire fest stars June 3. Two years ago, when CBS canceled the series starring Alex O’Loughlin, there was talk about MRC, which had just taken over the CW’s Sunday night, picking up Moonlight to air as part of its block but conversations between MRC and series producer Warner Bros. TV fell through. The off-network acquisition makes sense for both partners at the CW: for Warner Bros., it’s some cash for a library title and for CBS, it’s some extra exposure for O’Loughlin leading into his starring turn on the network soon-to-be new series Hawaii Five-O. The CW, which usually checks out during the summer with wall-to-wall reruns, is stirring things up a bit this year. In addition to the Moonlight pickup, the network also reportedly is looking to import British reality series. Meanwhile, June may as well be declared a national vampire month. It also features the premiers of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and the third season of HBO’s True Blood.
CW To Air Ex-CBS Drama 'Moonlight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
In Potent 'Schindler's List' Panel, Steven Spielberg, Liam Neeson And Ben Kingsley Get Emotional 25 Years Later
Latest TV News
- Ann Curry Claims “Pervasive Verbal Sexual Harassment At NBC” – New Matt Lauer Revelations
- Jimmy Kimmel Ranks Bill Cosby’s Guilty Verdict In Donald Trump World
- Tom Brokaw Accused Of Workplace Sexual Harassment In 1990s – Reports
- NFL Draft: Cleveland Browns Select Heisman Winner Baker Mayfield; USC’s Sam Darnold Goes Third
- STX Entertainment Files For Hong Kong Stock Exchange Listing
- Nicollette Sheridan On Her ‘Desperate Housewives’ Lawsuit: “I Was A Victim Of Assault”