The CW will be adding some bite to Thursday nights this summer, acquiring reruns of CBS’ cult vampire drama Moonlight to be paired with repeats of the CW’s own Vampire Diaries. The vampire fest stars June 3. Two years ago, when CBS canceled the series starring Alex O’Loughlin, there was talk about MRC, which had just taken over the CW’s Sunday night, picking up Moonlight to air as part of its block but conversations between MRC and series producer Warner Bros. TV fell through. The off-network acquisition makes sense for both partners at the CW: for Warner Bros., it’s some cash for a library title and for CBS, it’s some extra exposure for O’Loughlin leading into his starring turn on the network soon-to-be new series Hawaii Five-O. The CW, which usually checks out during the summer with wall-to-wall reruns, is stirring things up a bit this year. In addition to the Moonlight pickup, the network also reportedly is looking to import British reality series. Meanwhile, June may as well be declared a national vampire month. It also features the premiers of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and the third season of HBO’s True Blood.
CW To Air Ex-CBS Drama 'Moonlight'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman' Tops $250M Overseas On $40M China Bow; 'IT's At $650M+ WW; 'DM3' Catches 'Dory' - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus On Tonight’s Season Debut, What’s Next, ‘Ride’…
- Jemele Hill Returns To ESPN After Two-Week Suspension Over Twitter Firestorm — Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8 Review: AMC Blockbuster Gets Its Groove Back For 100th Episode
- Justin Timberlake Set To Headline Super Bowl LII Halftime Performance
- Fire Up The Tardis: ‘Doctor Who’ Gets New Cast Members, Sets Details On Next Season
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders For Office? Press Secretary Says “Never Say Never”