The CW will be adding some bite to Thursday nights this summer, acquiring reruns of CBS’ cult vampire drama Moonlight to be paired with repeats of the CW’s own Vampire Diaries. The vampire fest stars June 3. Two years ago, when CBS canceled the series starring Alex O’Loughlin, there was talk about MRC, which had just taken over the CW’s Sunday night, picking up Moonlight to air as part of its block but conversations between MRC and series producer Warner Bros. TV fell through. The off-network acquisition makes sense for both partners at the CW: for Warner Bros., it’s some cash for a library title and for CBS, it’s some extra exposure for O’Loughlin leading into his starring turn on the network soon-to-be new series Hawaii Five-O. The CW, which usually checks out during the summer with wall-to-wall reruns, is stirring things up a bit this year. In addition to the Moonlight pickup, the network also reportedly is looking to import British reality series. Meanwhile, June may as well be declared a national vampire month. It also features the premiers of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and the third season of HBO’s True Blood.
CW To Air Ex-CBS Drama 'Moonlight'
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention