Meet Wang Zhongjun, China’s 50-year old film and television mogul, 1/2 of Huayi Brothers Media which he founded with his youngest brother Wang Zhonglei in 1994. (Ergo, CNN’s Harvey Weinstein comparison.) Originally doing advertising commissions, the company morphed into a film production company in 1998 and has grown to become perhaps China’s most influential film producer with over 50 films released, most of them huge box office hits in China. The company also produces numerous TV shows and represents most of China’s top acting talent. Now Wang’s Huayi Brothers Media are planning on building almost 200 cinemas this year in China. And he wants to update China’s Kung Fu films with war films, spy films, disaster films, and comedies. He’s been partnering with Sony and Disney.
CNN: Is This China's Harvey Weinstein?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
In Potent 'Schindler's List' Panel, Steven Spielberg, Liam Neeson And Ben Kingsley Get Emotional 25 Years Later
Latest TV News
- Ann Curry Claims “Pervasive Verbal Sexual Harassment At NBC” – New Matt Lauer Revelations
- Jimmy Kimmel Ranks Bill Cosby’s Guilty Verdict In Donald Trump World
- Tom Brokaw Accused Of Workplace Sexual Harassment In 1990s – Reports
- NFL Draft: Cleveland Browns Select Heisman Winner Baker Mayfield; USC’s Sam Darnold Goes Third
- STX Entertainment Files For Hong Kong Stock Exchange Listing
- Nicollette Sheridan On Her ‘Desperate Housewives’ Lawsuit: “I Was A Victim Of Assault”