Meet Wang Zhongjun, China’s 50-year old film and television mogul, 1/2 of Huayi Brothers Media which he founded with his youngest brother Wang Zhonglei in 1994. (Ergo, CNN’s Harvey Weinstein comparison.) Originally doing advertising commissions, the company morphed into a film production company in 1998 and has grown to become perhaps China’s most influential film producer with over 50 films released, most of them huge box office hits in China. The company also produces numerous TV shows and represents most of China’s top acting talent. Now Wang’s Huayi Brothers Media are planning on building almost 200 cinemas this year in China. And he wants to update China’s Kung Fu films with war films, spy films, disaster films, and comedies. He’s been partnering with Sony and Disney.
CNN: Is This China's Harvey Weinstein?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles