Meet Wang Zhongjun, China’s 50-year old film and television mogul, 1/2 of Huayi Brothers Media which he founded with his youngest brother Wang Zhonglei in 1994. (Ergo, CNN’s Harvey Weinstein comparison.) Originally doing advertising commissions, the company morphed into a film production company in 1998 and has grown to become perhaps China’s most influential film producer with over 50 films released, most of them huge box office hits in China. The company also produces numerous TV shows and represents most of China’s top acting talent. Now Wang’s Huayi Brothers Media are planning on building almost 200 cinemas this year in China. And he wants to update China’s Kung Fu films with war films, spy films, disaster films, and comedies. He’s been partnering with Sony and Disney.
CNN: Is This China's Harvey Weinstein?
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest TV News
- CBS Developing CIA Workplace Comedy From ‘Big Bang Theory’s Simon Helberg & Jocelyn Towne
- Ali LeRoi Inks Overall Deal With CBS Television Studios
- Bill O’Reilly Blasts Megyn Kelly, NYT For Trying To Link Him “With Harvey Weinstein”
- NBC Buys Single Mother Comedy From Amy Poehler & Kim Rosenstock As Put Pilot
- Fox Buys Family Comedy From Peter Tolan, John Ross Bowie & Kevin Sussman
- 'Get Shorty' Showrunner Davey Holmes Inks Overall Deal With MGM TV, Sets Hunter S. Thompson Series