The island has announced that it is going to stage a film and entertainment technology market in June next year. ScreenSingapore aims to become the market and launch platform for international film releases in Asia. Hollywood will also be able to showcase its summer product in what is the world’s fastest growing region. Greg Coote, CEO of Avatar financier Dune Entertainment, is chairing the board. Other board members include Michael Werner, CEO of Fortissimo Film Sales, and Ashok Amritraj, CEO of Hyde Park Entertainment. Given that Hong Kong’s Filmart already takes place each March — pretty much followed by Cannes — it’s difficult to see what room there is for yet another market one month later.
CANNES: Singapore Launches 2011 Market
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Remake Gets Premiere Date & First Look
- Reverend Billy Graham Dies: Leading Evangelical Figure Was 99
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Culture Book ‘Consider Phlebas’ Getting TV Series Adaptation At Amazon By Plan B and Dennis Kelly
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs