The island has announced that it is going to stage a film and entertainment technology market in June next year. ScreenSingapore aims to become the market and launch platform for international film releases in Asia. Hollywood will also be able to showcase its summer product in what is the world’s fastest growing region. Greg Coote, CEO of Avatar financier Dune Entertainment, is chairing the board. Other board members include Michael Werner, CEO of Fortissimo Film Sales, and Ashok Amritraj, CEO of Hyde Park Entertainment. Given that Hong Kong’s Filmart already takes place each March — pretty much followed by Cannes — it’s difficult to see what room there is for yet another market one month later.
CANNES: Singapore Launches 2011 Market
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest TV News
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- Tucker Carlson Ratings Keep Pace With Bill O’Reilly On Night 1
- Scott Baio Further Clarifies Comments On Erin Moran’s Death – Update
- ‘The Bachelor’s Chris Soules Arrested For Leaving Scene Of Fatal Crash
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Renewed For Expanded Season 3 By AMC
- FCC Chairman Will Introduce Review Of Media Regulations At May Meeting