The island has announced that it is going to stage a film and entertainment technology market in June next year. ScreenSingapore aims to become the market and launch platform for international film releases in Asia. Hollywood will also be able to showcase its summer product in what is the world’s fastest growing region. Greg Coote, CEO of Avatar financier Dune Entertainment, is chairing the board. Other board members include Michael Werner, CEO of Fortissimo Film Sales, and Ashok Amritraj, CEO of Hyde Park Entertainment. Given that Hong Kong’s Filmart already takes place each March — pretty much followed by Cannes — it’s difficult to see what room there is for yet another market one month later.
CANNES: Singapore Launches 2011 Market
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President
- Bill O’Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: “This Was A Hit Job”…