The island has announced that it is going to stage a film and entertainment technology market in June next year. ScreenSingapore aims to become the market and launch platform for international film releases in Asia. Hollywood will also be able to showcase its summer product in what is the world’s fastest growing region. Greg Coote, CEO of Avatar financier Dune Entertainment, is chairing the board. Other board members include Michael Werner, CEO of Fortissimo Film Sales, and Ashok Amritraj, CEO of Hyde Park Entertainment. Given that Hong Kong’s Filmart already takes place each March — pretty much followed by Cannes — it’s difficult to see what room there is for yet another market one month later.
CANNES: Singapore Launches 2011 Market
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”