The financier has agreed to finance productions being made by New Zealand producer Atlantic South to the tune of $20 million a year. Prescience will provide debt, equity and bridge finance for Australian and New Zealand projects in the $5-15m budget range. The Atlantic/Prescience venture could provide up to 60% of a qualifying production’s budget. New Zealand offers a 40% tax break for movies shooting down under. Sydney- and Auckland-based Atlantic South is currently filming Love Birds, starring Rhys Darby and Sally Hawkins.
CANNES: Prescience Backs Atlantic South
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed