The financier has agreed to finance productions being made by New Zealand producer Atlantic South to the tune of $20 million a year. Prescience will provide debt, equity and bridge finance for Australian and New Zealand projects in the $5-15m budget range. The Atlantic/Prescience venture could provide up to 60% of a qualifying production’s budget. New Zealand offers a 40% tax break for movies shooting down under. Sydney- and Auckland-based Atlantic South is currently filming Love Birds, starring Rhys Darby and Sally Hawkins.
CANNES: Prescience Backs Atlantic South
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years