The financier has agreed to finance productions being made by New Zealand producer Atlantic South to the tune of $20 million a year. Prescience will provide debt, equity and bridge finance for Australian and New Zealand projects in the $5-15m budget range. The Atlantic/Prescience venture could provide up to 60% of a qualifying production’s budget. New Zealand offers a 40% tax break for movies shooting down under. Sydney- and Auckland-based Atlantic South is currently filming Love Birds, starring Rhys Darby and Sally Hawkins.
CANNES: Prescience Backs Atlantic South
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Director Jean-Marc Vallée Discusses First Television Endeavor: “There’s No…
- Jon Stewart Takes On Trump’s Charlottesville Response At Dave Chappelle Show
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- EOne Ups Carolyn Newman To SVP Scripted Programming, Acquires ‘A Gentleman In Moscow’ Book Rights For TV
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race