London-based Ealing Studios is putting together a biopic about the jazz legend, best remembered for such hits as My Baby Just Cares for Me and I Put A Spell on You. William Morris Endeavor’s Global Finance & Distribution Group brought the film to Ealing to finance, produce and sell internationally. WME Global is handling North American rights. Cynthia Mort, who wrote Neil Jordan’s The Brave One, is writing and directing.
CANNES: Mary J Blige To Play Nina Simone
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President