The Beverly Hills-based production company has opened the curtains on its first production, an adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical. Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman is adapting the score and the director is be Deepa Mehta. Shooting is planned to begin in India in 2011. Lloyd Webber’s Really Useful Group will co-produce with an undisclosed Indian production partner. Arclight Films is handling international sales. Marquee Pictures has been set up to convert Broadway and West End musicals into movies. The company is headed by former Universal executive Jeff Segal; former ICM packaging agent and producer Steve Waterman (Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel); Arclight Films president Gary Hamilton; and Azure Media Group chairman Steve Wilkinson.
CANNES: Marquee Wakes Bombay Dreams
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘Power’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date On Starz
- Los Angeles Chargers Line Up Broadcast Partners
- Hilary Swank Joins FX’s Getty Kidnapping Saga ‘Trust’
- Fox To Honor Jonathan Demme On Tonight’s ‘Shots Fired’ Episode
- ‘Great News’ Off To OK Ratings Start, ‘The Flash’ & ‘iZombie’ Tick Up In Return
- Bill Cosby’s Daughter Declares Actor Not “A Rapist” As 2004 Rape Trial Looms