The Beverly Hills-based production company has opened the curtains on its first production, an adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical. Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman is adapting the score and the director is be Deepa Mehta. Shooting is planned to begin in India in 2011. Lloyd Webber’s Really Useful Group will co-produce with an undisclosed Indian production partner. Arclight Films is handling international sales. Marquee Pictures has been set up to convert Broadway and West End musicals into movies. The company is headed by former Universal executive Jeff Segal; former ICM packaging agent and producer Steve Waterman (Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel); Arclight Films president Gary Hamilton; and Azure Media Group chairman Steve Wilkinson.
CANNES: Marquee Wakes Bombay Dreams
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline