The Beverly Hills-based production company has opened the curtains on its first production, an adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical. Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman is adapting the score and the director is be Deepa Mehta. Shooting is planned to begin in India in 2011. Lloyd Webber’s Really Useful Group will co-produce with an undisclosed Indian production partner. Arclight Films is handling international sales. Marquee Pictures has been set up to convert Broadway and West End musicals into movies. The company is headed by former Universal executive Jeff Segal; former ICM packaging agent and producer Steve Waterman (Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel); Arclight Films president Gary Hamilton; and Azure Media Group chairman Steve Wilkinson.
CANNES: Marquee Wakes Bombay Dreams
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”