The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order By…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders