The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $81M; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $42M+
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- NABET Members Voting On New ABC Contract
- ‘Inside the FBI: New York’: First Promo & Premiere Date For Dick Wolf’s USA Network Docuseries
- Fox News Fires Its Longtime Comptroller