The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
White House Threatens To Stop Press Briefing Over Questions On Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
Latest TV News
- ‘Chernobyl’ Miniseries Starring ‘The Crown’s Jared Harris Set By HBO & Sky – TCA
- ‘Cops Beyond The Bust’: Spike Sets Special To Mark 1,000th Episode Of ‘Cops’
- 'True Detective' Close To Season 3 Green Light, Mahershala Ali Confirmed To Star
- ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update: “Script Terrific” Says HBO Programming Boss; Budget, Cast & Director Being Figured Out…
- Jon Stewart To Headline HBO Stand-Up Comedy Special – TCA
- Regal CEO: Hollywood Studios Remain Divided On How Premium VOD Could Work