The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest TV News
- ProSiebenSat.1 Hunts CEO; EuropaCorp Sells French TV Unit; ‘Falco’ Remade In Lat Am; Time Scores UK Show…
- Amazon Prime Takes French Thriller ‘Black Spot’ In Global Streaming Deal
- Ridley Scott’s ‘The Terror’ Goes Global After Amazon Strikes Output Deal with AMC Studios
- Entertainment One’s Carrie Stein Joins Kew Media Group To Bolster Drama Slate
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right