The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jon Favreau Talks Movie Economics With Scarlett Johansson: "If You Can't Make A Profit, You Don't Get Opportunities" - Tribeca
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $35M+ Second Weekend - Sat. AM Update
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”