The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’s DeWanda Wise Discusses Nola Darling, A Fierce Black Female Icon — Tribeca Studio
- Teasing ‘GLOW’ Season 2, Betty Gilpin Unleashes Her Inner Gravitas Clown — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Wango Tango’ Summer Concert Will Be Televised Via Freeform
- ABC News Makes It Official: Amy Robach To Co-Anchor ‘20/20’
- BBC Developing Entertainment Competition Format ‘First And Last’ From Endemol Shine’s Zeppotron
- ‘American Idol’ First: Simulcast Will Allow Live Voting Across The US