EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In 'Ophelia'; Covert Media Aboard New Take On 'Hamlet' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Seth MacFarlane To Create & Star In Fox Sci-Fi Dramedy Series For 2017-18 Season
- TV Producer Ian Sander Dies At 68
- Laverne Cox Joins ‘Megyn Kelly Presents’
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Close Out Season With Drake & Fred Armisen As Hosts
- Donald Trump Declares Open Season On Hillary Clinton As John Kasich Quits Race – Update
- OWN Co-President Sheri Salata Exits, Erik Logan Becomes Sole President