EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Bones’ EP Sues Fox Over Profit Participation, Accuses Top Execs Of Cancellation Threats
- Broadcast Networks Kick Off Thanksgiving Programming With Obama Message: Keep Calm, Carry On
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Finale Ratings Down From 2014, ‘Chicago Med’ OK In Week 2
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update