EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Channing Tatum's 'X-Men' Character 'Gambit' Spinoff Moving Forward
- Oh, Henry! Disney Chasing Hearththrobs For Next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean'
- Feature-Hungry Netflix Courts Weinstein Marketing Head Stephen Bruno
- 'Magic City' Becomes Feature; Bruce Willis & Bill Murray Join Original Starz Cast
- Will Rowbotham Joins 3 Arts As Manager
- Ricky Gervais, Eric Bana: 'Special Correspondents'