EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- ‘Mayans MC’: Raoul Trujillo Cast In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff Pilot
- TV Land’s Jennifer Zaldivar-Clark Named SVP Talent For Paramount Network
- ‘Hannity’ Plans Las Vegas Tribute Tonight: Big & Rich, Rascal Flatts To Perform
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- ‘Will & Grace’ Ratings Stabilize To Top Thursday, ‘Arrow’ Steady As ‘Scandal’ & ‘HTGAWM’ Slip To Lows With No…