EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Waco’: Camryn Manheim, Eric Lange Among 5 Cast In Event Series For Par Network
- Audience Network's New Documentary From Vince Vaughn To Tackle Police & Race Relations
- Chill On Rumors Of Netflix Side Deal As WGA Strike Authorization Looms
- ‘Blood Drive’ Trailer: Cannibals, Monsters, Cults, Nymphos & More In Syfy’s Grindhouse Series
- Ingrid Michaelson/Liz Tigelaar Comedy Series ‘The Way I Am’ In Works At Hulu
- ‘When Calls The Heart’ Renewed For Season 5 On Hallmark Channel