EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Mike Flynn Wants To Testify In Russia Probes In Exchange For Immunity: Report
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Review: Netflix’s Teen Suicide Drama Powerful & Astute TV
- ‘Troy: Fall Of A City’: Bella Dayne, Louis Hunter & More Join BBC/Netflix Epic
- Mark Strong To Star In ‘Deep State’ For Fox Networks Group
- Donald Trump Threatens Republicans On Twitter In Bid To Resuscitate Trumpcare
- Tyler Labine To Co-Star In ‘Hannah Royce’s Questionable Choices’ CBS Pilot