EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Poland's Oscar Entry 'Afterimage': How Actor Boguslaw Linda Boarded Andrzej Wajda's Ultimate Swan Song
Latest TV News
- Mel Gibson’s ‘Hacksaw Ridge’ Sweeps Australia’s AACTA Awards
- ‘South Park’ Season Of Serialization Ends With Donald Trump Surrogate Still In White House
- Madonna Twerks, Vamps, Pouts, Fashion-Critiques Through Carpool Karaoke With James Corden
- Stephen Colbert Torches Donald Trump’s National Security Adviser Pick, Pizzagate, Wikileaks
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Integrates Ads And Audiences Into NBC’s Holiday Musical – Review
- Adrianne Tolsch Dead: Pivotal Stand-Up Comic, Wife Of ‘Letterman’ Writer Was 78