EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Willis is joining the cast of Looper, a science fiction time travel tale that reunites the Brick team of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer/director Rian Johnson. The Terminator-esque action film has a clever premise. Loopers are hit men whose victims are sent back in time from the future to be executed. The Loopers bump them off in the present, so there is no trace of a crime in the future. I’m told that Willis and Gordon-Levitt will play the same character, in those different time frames. That ploy is also being used in Men in Black 3, with Josh Brolin playing the younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’s Agent Kay. CAA is repping North American rights, and FilmNation Entertainment is repping it. Insiders said it is not being shopped at this fest. But buyers are all over it.
CANNES: Bruce Willis Plays Mature Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Time Travel Pic 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing, And Fingernails
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox